ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Jumping while sprinting... ?

zombienumber37

First of If anyone else has suggested it before..apologies :)

If its possible (without the kit) Is anyone able to do a mod which allows jumping while sprinting ?

I am so tired of sprinting and going to jump only to slam smack bang into what im trying to jump over...yes i know i just stop sprinting :) ...but theres is a slight delay before one is able to jump after letting go of the sprint key. It would be very nice to be able to keep it into one fluid movement...seems more natural to me. Also perhaps it would be feasable to make a 'sprinting jump' a slightly longer distance...can't see how this would break the game...since the largest of gaps usually require the whirlwind spirit shout to make the distance.

TLDR : please can someone make a mod that allows jumping while sprinting or let me know how i might remove the no jumping while sprinting thing :)

Thanks

This annoys me as well. When I first started, I was trying to jump over to a little ledge in one of the Barrows because I could see a weapon and some random items. Think it was a Dwarven Greatsword or something similar. I tried for ages. Sprinting then trying to jump, but at the time I didn't know that this wasn't possible. I tried without sprinting and there was no way.

Would have made it across otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Argh. Don't even get me started about jumping. I've never ever played a game (that wasn't from 10 years ago, anyway) where jumping was SUCH A PAIN IN THE POSTERIOR. Seriously. I enjoy games like Saint's Row II/III where you have complete freedom in your little sandbox world and it's wonderful and enjoyable to be able to sprint, run, sneak, crouch, jump, etc. Then I look at Skyrim and cry when my character gets stuck trying to pass a boulder or is unable to get out of the water because apparently using your hands to CLIMB OUT is impossible. It pains me so much.

I imagine this is not something that can be easily done, though, as it would require a complete redesign of walk modes. Jumping, in The Elder Scrolls, is basically completely and entirely useless and glitchy and the game ignores a pressed jump key most of the time anyway.

An epic solution would be some kind of "climb" ability, or just a general "use your damn hands to hold onto a surface". Hmm. Maybe this could actually work, in first person mode, anyway .... it just occured to me it may be possible to force the hold/grab key to "grab" landscaping objects you could then "climb".

Argh. Don't even get me started about jumping. I've never ever played a game (that wasn't from 10 years ago, anyway) where jumping was SUCH A PAIN IN THE POSTERIOR. Seriously. I enjoy games like Saint's Row II/III where you have complete freedom in your little sandbox world and it's wonderful and enjoyable to be able to sprint, run, sneak, crouch, jump, etc. Then I look at Skyrim and cry when my character gets stuck trying to pass a boulder or is unable to get out of the water because apparently using your hands to CLIMB OUT is impossible. It pains me so much.

I imagine this is not something that can be easily done, though, as it would require a complete redesign of walk modes. Jumping, in The Elder Scrolls, is basically completely and entirely useless and glitchy and the game ignores a pressed jump key most of the time anyway.

An epic solution would be some kind of "climb" ability, or just a general "use your damn hands to hold onto a surface". Hmm. Maybe this could actually work, in first person mode, anyway .... it just occured to me it may be possible to force the hold/grab key to "grab" landscaping objects you could then "climb".

I wish games would implement successful features they observe in other games. Imagine if Skyrim, or even better, grand theft auto V had Assassin's Creed's running and jumping/climbing mechanics, the Elder Scrolls' inventory/loot system, as well as upgradable abilities. Or imagine a game like Prototype, which could utilize all these features and still support (lore-wise) supernatural powers and abilities.

First of If anyone else has suggested it before..apologies :)

If its possible (without the kit) Is anyone able to do a mod which allows jumping while sprinting ?

I am so tired of sprinting and going to jump only to slam smack bang into what im trying to jump over...yes i know i just stop sprinting :) ...but theres is a slight delay before one is able to jump after letting go of the sprint key. It would be very nice to be able to keep it into one fluid movement...seems more natural to me. Also perhaps it would be feasable to make a 'sprinting jump' a slightly longer distance...can't see how this would break the game...since the largest of gaps usually require the whirlwind spirit shout to make the distance.

TLDR : please can someone make a mod that allows jumping while sprinting or let me know how i might remove the no jumping while sprinting thing :)

Thanks

i have always thought about this to and it seems like a good idea, as wel as you, i don't see how it willl change the game aart from making it better.

• 1 month later...