Teeny Bops on Skyrim Nexus

clintmich

Maybe I'm wrong here, but this has been a sort of ramping up thing ever since the six months or so toward the end of Oblivion content.... When I first came here most people were pretty respectful. Even if a guy released the crappiest mod ever made, people wouldn't flame him just out of the respect of a person trying... Now, the first fat mouth to sprout off is the guy with 6 forum posts and 0 uploads. These people are nothing more than useless members that suck up bandwidth.

The TES community has with out a doubt changed for the worse, but what are you going to do? It goes with the territory of a game becoming so successful.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it about New Vegas and I'll say it about Skyrim. Steam and the crowd it draws is why Nexus is infested with these dumbasses. There have always been moments here where the troll activity maxed out and then thinned out...like lemmings. They were here for Oblivion and Fallout 3. When the mass stupidity started was the Steam requirement for New Vegas. Nexus was not infested before that point. The game exposure from only being available via Steam meant that fan base, those with the WOW/Console forum/Youtube mentality came HERE. They can't even install a basic texture and mesh replacer without a blind-install ultility doing it for them. They are pudding heads. And now comes Skyrim and once again you can only get it via Steam and once again we're infested with a swarm of text-tard speaking morons.

Actually, I'm inclined to think it's both. Steam and being "mainstream" apparently go hand in hand. It's not something I like one bit, and I've noticed the trend ever since Steam became the big thing among TES players. Even before New Vegas was announced as Steam-only. The ones picking up Oblivion there were just as bad and it's only gotten worse. People who will come to your threads and flat out demand you stop asking them to use BOSS or Wrye Bash because they don't have 5 minutes to set aside to read something.

Sure, the population composed of these types only got bigger once NV forced the issue, and now with Skyrim it's going to be 100x worse because Elder Scrolls is just that much bigger of a franchise.

I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that Steam fanbois are just as bad, if not worse, than console fanbois. Which is disturbing considering NONE of those people are the majority of gamers by any stretch of the data. Yet companies cater to them instead of the rest of us, as if 15% of the population should get to determine what the other 85% of us have to put up with.

Very few companies still get it and still treat PC like the first class platform it is. CDProjektRed is one of them, and I'm having a hard time coming up with another right now. It all goes together hand in hand. Companies cater to the morons. The morons infect the gaming pool with their drivel. Modders then have to put up with their crap because there's just too many of them now.

Sure would be nice if we could roll the clock back on these people to some time before 2006 when it all caved in.

Oh, they were there with Oblivion too, by the hordes. They just tended to only visit the sex mods, tit mods, and similar files. We also did more to thin out their numbers because there were fewer of them. But the seething, ignorant masses of the hopeless were always there.

I can't wait for these trolls to be done with the game... I just saw a bunch of obnoxious little trolls teaming up against a new modder who took his mod down before I could hit the report button.

Bullies in the schoolyard, that's what they are. :rolleyes:

I don't know if it's any use now but the file ID was 4049.

I honestly don't know if I deserve to post here or not, but I do want to say something. As a very new member of this community who has already hit a few rough spots, I first want to issue an apology if any forum or comment posts I have made have ever been out of line. My own forays into modding and the resultant backlash (fortunately only a small minority don't like the Thundercats :P ) has kind of shown me that I could have been a bit more mature in some of my posts. Reading this entire thread has certainly made me more aware of myself as well. And from my own recent experience, responding to the trolls does not help the issue at all; it only makes things worse, no matter how well-intentioned you might have been. Now that I've said my piece, I'll be off now. Thank you, all of you. :)

This trend is getting nuts. I've already noticed newbies posting threads in completely the wrong place. Admin points out their mistake and they have the nerve to whine, rant and use foul language in response. Not content with that they insult new modders, make unreasonable requests and already have forced certain new users to take down mods. I've noticed them challenge established "Old Hand" Mod Authors too and offend them at every opportunity.

Its seems manners and common courtesy is going out of fashion really quickly. They certainly don't represent the majority of Nexus users. Thankfully the admin does an excellent job of removing these rotten apples, but they seem to multiply daily like parasites.

Hopefully when Skyrim Mania dies down many of these Dovahkids (Love that term and the Youtube vid) will move on.