Console Suggestions

ICERAY2000

After 150 hours of playing and starting over several times, I came up with a lot of batch files to help me; the best one I've written is this file - a run-once file - it sets you up after you start. I've created other files from it just for refreshing supplies, but this sets you up well. SEE BELOW.

It gives

- money, lockpicks, potions of restores,arrows, gems

- 2-each of most ebony items -easily changed if Ebony ain't your Ivory

- set the heatlth/magic/stamina to 600 - easy to remove if too much

- set all resistances to 100

- slowed down the passage of game time

- increased player speed

- increase killcuts (only runs when you get a critical/kill hit anyway)

- gave 1000 enchantments - this does not work as you may think - it counts as enchantments done; if it were 1HD weapons, it would equal 1000 HITS with the sword, not swings. This worked out to getting all of the enchantment perks with 3 perks left over, brings a 1st level character to 17

- modified permanently the carry/inventory so that it's never a problem, always in negative numbers; within reason.

- reduced cooldown time for shouts to zero; why wait?

So this would be a great file to run once you have access to an alter.

If you don't know how to do this, you are on your own; however, copy what is in between the "====" lines and paste into Notepad - not Wordpad, not Word, use Notepad or a plain vanilla ASCII editor.

give it a simple name like "runonce.txt" and save it to your Skyrim directory, not the Data directory.

within the game hit "~"

type "bat runonce" (if that is what you named it)

hit "~"

done.

Play with the concept, it's YOUR game!

====================

player.additem 0000000f 50000 //money

player.additem 0000000a 150 //picks

player.additem 00039be4 50 //heal

player.additem 0003eae6 50 //stamina

player.additem 00039be7 50 //magicka

player.additem 000f84b2 50 //invis+heal

player.additem 000eafdf 500 //nord hero arrow

player.additem 0002E4FC 50 //soul

player.additem 0002E504 50 //black

player.additem 000139ab 2 //ax

player.additem 000139ad 2 //bow

player.additem 000139b0 2 //mace

player.additem 000139b1 2//sword

player.additem 000139b3 2 //warax

player.additem 00013961 2 //cuirass

player.additem 00013960 2 //boots

player.additem 00013963 2 //helm

player.additem 00013964 2 //shield

player.additem 000f6f23 2 //gloves steel

player.additem 0001394e 2 //gloves dwarf

player.additem 000139c0 100 //daedric arr

player.additem 00039be5 1 //ult heal

player.additem 00039be7 1 //ult mag

player.additem 00039cf3 1 //ult stam

player.setav Health 600

player.setav Magicka 600

player.setav Stamina 600

player.modav DamageResist 100

player.modav PoisonResist 100

player.modav FireResist 100

player.modav ElectricResist 100

player.modav FrostResist 100

player.modav MagicResist 100

player.modav DiseaseResist 100

player.modav HealRateMult 100

player.modav MagickaRateMult 100

player.modav StaminaRateMult 100

set timescale to 2

player.modav speedmult 200

set decapitationchance to 100

set killmoverandom to 100

player.advskill enchanting 1000

player.modav CarryWeight -2000

player.modav InventoryWeight -3000

player.setav shoutrecoverymult 0

====================

You are responsible for running this, not me; I say, don't do it if you are afraid of making your game unstable. This is better for players who have played a lot but don't want to go through hours of playing just to get to a decent leveled character with some self-sustaining abilities.

If Enchanting is not your thing, then you might want to experiment with values for other skill modifications. Happy Dungeoning.

Michlo - THE POINT is that I've already played this game through to Dragonslayer a few times and really don't care to 'develop' my character in the early stages - better to get an experienced character and go quickly through the first few adventures. Also, this approach gives you total flexability in what your character is and what your character will be capable of doing. The god mode plus money quote elsewhere is also missing the point.

The OTHER point is simply this is my game and I enjoy it much more when it plays the way I want it to, and allows me to mess with it, expects me to mess with it through the console, and thereby doubling even tripling my enjoyment. The console allows you to be your own Dungeonmaster!

That's why I like developing bat files for the Bethesda game family - it's part of the experience/fun/

Thanks for commenting.

combatdoc13 - there are several ways to insert skill points; you should go to one of the wikis (I like http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim) and look at the console info. There are many ways to do this skill bonus, and each way has a different effect. You can SET the skill level, you can boost the skill level like a magic ring would, and I thought I read somewhere that you can trade souls for skill points, but I can't confirm that. Better you read the articles as they explain it very well, and you will benefit from understanding the console better. Good luck.

combatdoc13 - there are several ways to insert skill points; you should go to one of the wikis (I like http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim) and look at the console info. There are many ways to do this skill bonus, and each way has a different effect. You can SET the skill level, you can boost the skill level like a magic ring would, and I thought I read somewhere that you can trade souls for skill points, but I can't confirm that. Better you read the articles as they explain it very well, and you will benefit from understanding the console better. Good luck.

Thanx for the reply, I do appreciate it.

"Doc"

I get where IceRay2000 is coming from. Once you've played through, it is fun to just play with the character settings. Personally, I have used batch files to make all my followers immortal (essential) and tailored my skills to make a pure mage (increased magic skills, decreased armor and weapon skills). Also using one that I got off the Files section to increase Spellpower. It is a little too powerful for my liking, so I will modify it to be more gradual and less powerful.

Quick Questions:

- What is the difference between CarryWeight and InventoryWeight?

- Are the "x"RateMult stats the ones that govern how fast those stats recover? How much does the 100 improve them by?

Thanks.