S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 Cancelled

brokenergy

Sorry I just don't see what is wrong with big publishers, the a possible reason why the developer collapsed that it didn't expand to be sustainable and eventually got hit by the credit crunch. Shame but that's how business works.

Well stalker is a nich sort of thing it quirky and a bit weird, In my experience big publishers push their hand into a game to make it for everybody and you end up generic mess. I imagine if a big publisher took it over it may turn into a call of duty clone, this is what I fear.

also I have a gripe with ea, That just me though

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I just don't see what is wrong with big publishers, the a possible reason why the developer collapsed that it didn't expand to be sustainable and eventually got hit by the credit crunch. Shame but that's how business works.

Well stalker is a nich sort of thing it quirky and a bit weird, In my experience big publishers push their hand into a game to make it for everybody and you end up generic mess. I imagine if a big publisher took it over it may turn into a call of duty clone, this is what I fear.

also I have a gripe with ea, That just me though

In my experience Ubisoft and Activision are way worse than EA and this is from a PC player.

snip

Ive always seen ea as worse, I am also a pc gamer :D

I just read something that the devs of stalker 2 may be contining I will see if I can dig up the link again(firefox crashed)

They've just posted some info on their Twitter account:

"We will do our best to continue. However, at this moment, nothing is certain."

Then 2 hours later they posted this:

"Our website will continue, with the forum & tech support. The shop will continue until the nearest planned items sell out."

It's not a money problem, since Sergey Grigorovich, the founder of GSC Game World, has earned approximately $300 million on Cossacks and STALKER games. (100 on Cossacks and 200 on Stalker)

We'll just have to wait and see. Stalker 2 was planned to be released in February next year. They won't just throw away an almost finished product.

I just found out today,and it toally ruined the rest of my day :(

I bought all 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R's, spent more than 100 hours on each of them and loved the mods that were out.

It is a sad day for all humanity :(

Rockstar would never be good with S.T.A.L.K.E.R, they got no experience with it at all.

Just get the original development team if possible and put them under bethesda :O