Way past the advertised 100 hours in

Michlo

I don't have a reliable number of 'hours played', since I never start the game with its steam layout running. (Day 1 install, via Bethesda supplied .exe, runs like a charm and ever since.) But my guess would be 100+ easily! Started a pure mage, a thief, and a 2h warrior, all in their 40+s by now, exploring different parts of the map with each, different questlines where feasible, different karma approaches, different quest branches...

Skyrim is a superb game, and I continue to enjoy it tremendously!

Oh, and I never even got around to advance the first quest beyond 'Diplomatic Immunity' yet! :)

Edited by JenLit

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main character is a stealth based "Woodsman" - He uses Sneak, Archery, Light Armor, Alchemy, and 2 Handed Axes. He basically explores all over Skyrim, he is Thane in all the Holds and owns all the houses, he has done the Civil War (Stormcloaks of course!!!) and will eventually finish the Main Quest. I have 130+ hours on that character and should top 200 easily, with or without mods.

I also have a secondary character that I created to do the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild, as well as to experience the joys of a Dual Wielding, ultra Sneaky Assassin. I have nearly 50 hours on that character and will probably have a bit more time on him before I finish as well.

Between those 2 characters I have about 180 hours spent on the game and I have plans for 2 More Characters: A Heavy Armor "Sword 'n Board" Warrior type and a Pure Mage character. So I should easily top 300 hours without mods involved, and more than likely it would be closer to 350. With mods I expect to easily top 500 hours in Skyrim. That doesn't count the hundreds of hours that I may potentially spend on creating my own mods. ;)

So... yeah, I guess I'm past the advertised 100 hours and anyone that doesn't put at least that many hours into this game either didn't like it from the start and quite right away or they are just plain missing out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've just "finished" my first character. Losing my job last week, I needed a distraction big time and Skyrim was it.

305.6 hours!

http://www.ianmwalke...StatsMichlo.jpg

I reached level 65.

http://steamcommunit...2197?tab=public

I completed all the quests I could besides the bugged ones which wouldn't remove and the ones my "good" character would not pursue.

http://steamcommunit...8090?tab=public

I ended with all of the homes and this amount of gold:

http://steamcommunit...2768?tab=public

That was most definitely worth the money. :) I was rather disappointed at the big finale, however.

My new character is going to be a challenge as I shall TRY to make him a pure Mage, wearing robes and not using stealth although since he's going to be my bad guy, joining the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, I'm not sure how feasible that will be.

140 houres

level 75

Battlemage

Done nothing but sidequests and half of the College.

Taking a break untill the Ck is out and I can fix some aspect of the mage area. A battlemage isn't too fun when I must rely on abusing enchanting to get anywhere.

140 houres

level 75

Battlemage

Done nothing but sidequests and half of the College.

Taking a break untill the Ck is out and I can fix some aspect of the mage area. A battlemage isn't too fun when I must rely on abusing enchanting to get anywhere.

Aye, I can see that. It is going to be a blast (see what I did there?) once the creation kit is out. :) Our old friend Midas who really helped the spell system in Oblivion has already begun work on Skyrim.

Cheers.

Bought the game on the 22nd of December and i'm lvl 38, 96 hours into my first play through, haven't even touched the main story. Have done about 4 side quests.

Playing a pure 2H Nord (no magic) and i'm planning to stop leveling at 50 using a non-exploit, purist build to get the most satisfaction out of the game.

Just getting started baby! .... friggin love this game. :thumbsup:

Bought the game on the 22nd of December and i'm lvl 38, 96 hours into my first play through, haven't even touched the main story. Have done about 4 side quests.

Playing a pure 2H Nord (no magic) and i'm planning to stop leveling at 50 using a non-exploit, purist build to get the most satisfaction out of the game.

Just getting started baby! .... friggin love this game. :thumbsup:

That's definitely one way to give yourself a different challenge. I'm finding it tougher on my second character, that's for sure. I had it on Master difficulty for my first, I've already dropped it down a notch for this second. Going with just magic is really tough at the start. I'm finding I can't do without stealth though, at least for the stealing (this is my bad guy, the first one never stole, heh).

I friggin love this game too. ;)

Cheers.

I'm getting really near to 400 hours and I'm still finding new places and things to do. 3 characters so far, the second is an assassin I made just for the "dark side" quests. I had to stop using my first warrior at level 53 waiting for a fix for the bloated savegame issue. So I restarted with a slightly different one and this time I'm picking up all the dropped weapons to see if I can avoid the crashes ^^;