Some question about Fo4 edit Attach Parent Slots

MrAlexKing96

http://imgur.com/a/nPGD4

As you can see, i am trying to make the Mechanic Short top from Eli's Armor collection to have Lining Mod and Add-on mod on Armor workbench, using resource from the GITS suit 2 from GITS motoko kusanagi mod, and it show that error, that the form ID of the didnt appear in the Eli Armour Collection.esp, the legendary and misc is on ther cloth of Eli's armour like utility jumpsuit, i simply move from the ap_legendary and ap_armour_misc from there to the mechanic short top,because they already exist in Eli's armour collection.esp. This is just an example, for extra: i want to allow legendary modification to cloth like TheKite's ScoopDigger Outfit by moving the ap_legendary line from another cloth mod and more like that.

So i just want to know, is there anyway for us to add the new form ID into a mod, for specificly as an example: the ap_lining_"Lining Mod" from Attach Parent Slot on GITS suit 2 to the Attach parent Slot on the mechanic short top ( i trust that the Keyword #? didnt matter?)

If anyone have knowledge or experience on this, please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

The keyword is from ArmorsmithExtended, not GITS, so you need to drag it from ArmorsmithExtended, not GITS. Then you need to make sure Eli_ArmorCollection gains ArmorsmithExtended as a master otherwise you will get the null reference.

Edited by steve40

The keyword is from ArmorsmithExtended, not GITS, so you need to drag it from ArmorsmithExtended, not GITS. Then you need to make sure Eli_ArmorCollection gains ArmorsmithExtended as a master otherwise you will get the null reference.

Wow thanks steve40, such an honor to have you answering my question, im a big fan of your great mod, espicially the CSWW redux, it really makes Fallout 4 immersive as f**k.

As i see those AE merged patch duplicate all of the original cloth/armor, add new formid to the duplicate one, and its completely seperate from the original mod.

Edited by xheox

Null keyword 070008A3 in EliArmorCollection.esp is meant to be keyword "AEC_ap_Lining" which you dragged from GITS_suit_by_OniNigma.esp, which in turn is mastered to Armorsmith Extended.esp (position 07 in the xEdit load order according to your screenshots). Drag'n'dropping forms creates a master dependence iirc. It should be possible to create a fresh copy of a form in xEdit, from one mod to another, without creating a dependency (I forget how off the top of my head, maybe it's an option when you right-click on the form?)

Anyway, to fix the dependency you need to add Armorsmith extended as a master to EliArmorCollection.esp, copy the keyword from Armorsmith Extended (or GITS). Then what you can do is change the FormID to a new number that has your mod's load order at the beginning. For example, change the ID of the copied keyword from 070008A3 to 090008A3. As long as you don't already have a form in your mod using that new number it should work. if not, change the number (e.g. 090018A3). Once the ID has been changed, you should be able to right-click on the mod's header and select "clean masters" using xEdit and it will remove the unnecessary dependence to Armorsmith Extended. Clear as mud? :smile:

EDIT: however, I've just realized that using an Armorsmith Extended keyword without it's dependency to Armorsmith Extended is going to break its functionality. So you need to keep AE as a master. If you don't want to have a dependency to AE, then you should only use the vanilla mod attachment keywords instead.

Edited by steve40

Null keyword 070008A3 in EliArmorCollection.esp is meant to be keyword "AEC_ap_Lining" which you dragged from GITS_suit_by_OniNigma.esp, which in turn is mastered to Armorsmith Extended.esp (position 07 in the xEdit load order according to your screenshots). Drag'n'dropping forms creates a master dependence iirc. It should be possible to create a fresh copy of a form in xEdit, from one mod to another, without creating a dependency (I forget how off the top of my head, maybe it's an option when you right-click on the form?)

Anyway, to fix the dependency you need to add Armorsmith extended as a master to EliArmorCollection.esp, copy the keyword from Armorsmith Extended (or GITS). Then what you can do is change the FormID to a new number that has your mod's load order at the beginning. For example, change the ID of the copied keyword from 070008A3 to 090008A3. As long as you don't already have a form in your mod using that new number it should work. if not, change the number (e.g. 090018A3). Once the ID has been changed, you should be able to right-click on the mod's header and select "clean masters" using xEdit and it will remove the unnecessary dependence to Armorsmith Extended. Clear as mud? :smile:

EDIT: however, I've just realized that using an Armorsmith Extended keyword without it's dependency to Armorsmith Extended is going to break its functionality. So you need to keep AE as a master. If you don't want to have a dependency to AE, then you should only use the vanilla mod attachment keywords instead.

Ok, thanks, i got it now, been using the AE merged patch for all of Eli's stuff, but this knowledge would be great to apply for cloth/armor that havent been made with patch :) Have a nice day steve :)!