How to do mainquest without joining guilds

Zlayerzz

You're not forced to be a mage to enter inside the college. You just have to speak with the

stairs chick and tell her you're the dragonborn, thu'um to her, and she will gladly let you in.

About the thieves guild, I was angry too about helping the criminal scum to steal crap

and incriminate others but well, it could be very worse...

Joining the thief's guild to complete the main storyline... What?

Why would you need to join them in order to complete the main storyline. If it is getting to Esbern you are referring to. I got to him and never joined the thief's guild or having done that initial incrimination quest... So... Confused on what you mean.

Why would you need to join them in order to complete the main storyline. If it is getting to Esbern you are referring to. I got to him and never joined the thief's guild or having done that initial incrimination quest... So... Confused on what you mean.

I was skiped Q from that tief guy on a market and went strait in a sewer to find Old dude. but , unfortunately, he don't have a voice! and a subtitles apeared only for 1 SEC! (two long sentence or more...) I dont have a clue what he was said. wierd! so I tried to procede like that to eventaly finished Q, but old frick stuck in High Hrothgar on peace agriment meeting.

I try again, but the same thing.

You don't have to JOIN the thieves guild for fulfilling your mainquest, just collaborate with that

filthy rat to incriminate someone and the thief will point you down to the ratway, saying the

old man lives there and pay huge money for not telling people he's there (wasted money).

I was skiped Q from that tief guy on a market and went strait in a sewer to find Old dude. but , unfortunately, he don't have a voice! and a subtitles apeared only for 1 SEC! (two long sentence or more...) I dont have a clue what he was said. wierd! so I tried to procede like that to eventaly finished Q, but old frick stuck in High Hrothgar on peace agriment meeting.

Many people experienced that bug, its terrible because its one of the most important (if not the most)

quest in game, you should load your first auto-saved game for riften after you got "find esbern" subquest,

co-operate with that damn thief and everything will work, that bug killed the experience of too much people.

If you ignore my words and follow the tricks of purgatory-section one internet, you'll get Esbern bugged forever,

I can tell because I tried to fix esbern with commands and nothing at all, just managed to see him...

Loading previous savegames and helping scum-thieves looks like the only way.

You're not forced to be a mage to enter inside the college. You just have to speak with the

stairs chick and tell her you're the dragonborn, thu'um to her, and she will gladly let you in.

About the thieves guild, I was angry too about helping the criminal scum to steal crap

and incriminate others but well, it could be very worse...

Doesn't entry into the College of Winterhold begin the "First Lessons" quest for the College MQ, even using the Shout instead of magic (when speaking to Faralda)? Would it be possible to enter the College through the cave opening into the Midden to speak with the librarian?

So avoiding entry into the Thieves Guild bugs Esbern? I thought the bartender at The Bee and Barb was an alternative to dealing with Brynjolf?

The Esbern thing is probably unrelated, see here for how to fix it.

Also you can just go to the ratway an bribe the Bartender of the Flagon for Esberns location and avoid having to do the stupid framing bulls***.

Speaking of bulls***, I did the thieves guild questline without being stealthy at all, murdered a bunch of warehouse guards without being expelled from the guild (or it even being counted as murder) and gaining a total bounty of 40 DESPITE NOT BEING STEALTHY. What does any of this have to do with thieves? Also

you have to pretty much promise your soul to the devil to complete that so called "storyline"...

Doesn't entry into the College of Winterhold begin the "First Lessons" quest for the College MQ, even using the Shout instead of magic (when speaking to Faralda)? Would it be possible to enter the College through the cave opening into the Midden to speak with the librarian?

You're right. I've tried several times to enter the college without getting into first lessons, but never succeeded. I simply don't fancy my characters as mages and find it a chore to play on being a mage. My characters wouldn't do it. And it breaks my immersion if it is forced down my throat.

You don't have to JOIN the thieves guild for fulfilling your mainquest, just collaborate with that

filthy rat to incriminate someone and the thief will point you down to the ratway, saying the

old man lives there and pay huge money for not telling people he's there (wasted money).

Many people experienced that bug, its terrible because its one of the most important (if not the most)

quest in game, you should load your first auto-saved game for riften after you got "find esbern" subquest,

co-operate with that damn thief and everything will work, that bug killed the experience of too much people.

If you ignore my words and follow the tricks of purgatory-section one internet, you'll get Esbern bugged forever,

I can tell because I tried to fix esbern with commands and nothing at all, just managed to see him...

Loading previous savegames and helping scum-thieves looks like the only way.

I did . After your advice. and I feel ashame because I put inocent man in jail. I'm thinking of whip all scum from that cursed city. :verymad: