OK, if you play an assassin

gofortheko

The "covering face with shield while slitting throat" animation is the same as the "covering victim's mouth while slitting throat" animation, only with a shield tacked on. I thought it was rather poor, as was the fact that my sword would always clip through my shield when I ran someone through with the sword..

Or a poisoned dagger the the kidneys.....up close and personal.

Except by elder dragons on master difficulty since you wont be able to one shot them, and a shield comes in handy against them. Plus like I said its for my own personal cool factor, having my shield block out their face as I slit their throat is very satisfying. I spent 40 something levels as a dual wield assassin never needing a shield, but avoided the main story line, but now dragons make it difficult to avoid using one. Besides a dagger and shield to me is awesomesauce. The silent roll is real cool as well with a shield.

Edited by gofortheko

Im must say im really enjoying the stealth side of this game,feels more beleiveable then in OB.

In that it felt more like luck then skill if you got away with not being spotted.

A few occasions in skyrim i have crept right up next to people standing or sitting and popped up.....

BAM!

slink away into the shadows.

And you feel genuinely buzzed at how f*ckin uber you are.

I prefer two daggers... One being the blade of woe. That way you can strike one lethal organ and simultaneously slit their throat... so they won't have vocal-cords to shout with as their soul drifts into the void and eternal servitude to Sithis. Hail Sithis! :verymad: Edited by OnlyOneWing