Dead Bodies Not Going Away

kittie885

I decided to try and make my save game sizes smaller, or maybe make them load faster when I start up Skyrim - by sleeping for 30 days (31 for good measure) to rid all of the dead bodies in Skyrim.. it didn't work. All of the dead bodies are still around and leaving and entering the cell by going into the near by dwemer ruins and returning doesn't reset them either.

I didn't see any other posts about this, is this a known bug? Is there a way to fix it with the console or mod or something?

Now i'm beginning to worry!

Go to the console, click on what you want to go away and then type disable . I haven't had the problem with bodies staying around but the dragon skeletons keep popping up in the strangest places! I also disable a lot of loose junk (skeleton parts, useless weapons, debris etc.) once I clear a location and it does help to keep the save file sizes down.

Go to the console, click on what you want to go away and then type disable . I haven't had the problem with bodies staying around but the dragon skeletons keep popping up in the strangest places! I also disable a lot of loose junk (skeleton parts, useless weapons, debris etc.) once I clear a location and it does help to keep the save file sizes down.

Well the problem with that idea is I can do that from now on and with the bodies in my immediate vicinity but to go all around Skyrim after WEEKS and hours and hours of gameplay with absolutely no fast travel to get rid of EVERY dead body seems practically impossible. I was hoping there was something I can do to get rid of them all at once...

Question. Did you fool around with Timescale?

If you set it lower than 5 that will cause all kinds of grief.

Also, I don't have links but I do recall seeing a couple of mods that supposedly address this but I've not tried them.

The game by default is supposed to clean up by that amount of time so I 'm suspecting some bug over there. Maybe last patch, who knows, maybe some interaction with a mod you are using even.

Question. Did you fool around with Timescale?

If you set it lower than 5 that will cause all kinds of grief.

Also, I don't have links but I do recall seeing a couple of mods that supposedly address this but I've not tried them.

The game by default is supposed to clean up by that amount of time so I 'm suspecting some bug over there. Maybe last patch, who knows, maybe some interaction with a mod you are using even.

Thank you Uzi. I haven't messed with any timescale though. I have tried installing a mod that changes the dead body cleanup time to be 7 days instead of 30 and i'm hoping it will correct the problem but i'm still open to further suggestions.

UPDATE:

So I found kinda a fix.

The mod apparently only works for things you killed AFTER adding the mod, but not the stuff you killed before. (Just my observation)

Which left me with all these dead guards that stuck for months because I snipe them for grand souls... :D

So what I did was go around using the 'resurrect 1' console command on all the dead guards, didn't take so long, maybe 2 minutes per town

I didn't want to use 'disable' because I was afraid they would not respawn.

For the NPCs that were not suppose to respawn (some quest characters that I was required to kill) I used the 'disable' command

From then on the NPCs did respawn.

• 1 year later...

One question, you say click on the body and type "disable", what exactly you mean by "click" on the body??? Shoot at it?!? When i target it "by puting my mouse on it" typing "disable" in console the god damn body is stil there almost smilling at me :( ...... i hate the fact that my favorite place is surrounded by stupid corpses.

• 2 months later...

there is a mod that creamates the bodys and turns them to ash wich vanishes after 1 night of sleeping. otherwise useing the raise dead spell will also do the same thing when the minion dies.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8543/?

hope this helps.

or this

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30947/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D30947&pUp=1

that one fixes dead body collision but also adds a spell to burn the dead bodies.

Edited by lokki99

One question, you say click on the body and type "disable", what exactly you mean by "click" on the body??? Shoot at it?!? When i target it "by puting my mouse on it" typing "disable" in console the god damn body is stil there almost smilling at me :( ...... i hate the fact that my favorite place is surrounded by stupid corpses.

Necro thread, 2 years old, silly.