Problem with terrain in new worldspace

CMS47

Could someone tell me what is causing this?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c208/goldrush477/BumpyTerrain_zps0klyk0bj.jpg

My entire terrain surface is bumpy like this. The 'bumps' are about half as high as my character. Otherwise, everything looks fine.

Would blurring my heightmap smooth these out or am I going to need to use the smooth tool in the Creation Kit over my entire worldspace?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for you time. :smile:

-Goldrush

Use the built in heightmap editor. In there, use the planar tool to smooth out the map, then create elevation; mountains, valleys, hills, and when done, use smooth + erosion modifiers and apply them in 20/30 passes to create a natural feel to the map. Make sure to backup ur plugin first, then save. The heightmap editor will whine that the plugin "is in use", but just hit cancel every time the msg pops up. Once its done, save the plugin.

Use the built in heightmap editor. In there, use the planar tool to smooth out the map, then create elevation; mountains, valleys, hills, and when done, use smooth + erosion modifiers and apply them in 20/30 passes to create a natural feel to the map. Make sure to backup ur plugin first, then save. The heightmap editor will whine that the plugin "is in use", but just hit cancel every time the msg pops up. Once its done, save the plugin.

Thank you for your reply. I apologize that I didn't give enough information. My worldspace has all the elevations properly set. I did those in my heightmap.raw before running it through TESAnnwyn and Oscape.

The elevations all look very good. The large lake I created also looks good. The only issue is that the surface of the land is covered in those little 'bumps', all over... including over the surfaces of the mountains and hills and such. It's like ... 'noise'? Which I didn't apply to the original .raw image.

-Goldrush

Blah...so, nobody knows what's causing this?

I tried using the heightmap editor (in the CK) - despite it only showing a green window during several attempts - and did a pass using 20/30 for "land" (I'm assuming that's smoothing) and erosion, but nothing changed. The bumps remained.

So... the only option is to manually smooth the terrain all over the map?

-Goldrush