Flickering/Rippling Texture Glitch

Talonvore

Just started noticing this glitch last couple of days. I have several mods installed and running. I've disabled any mod that i thought might even remotely cause this clitch. Mods like Enhanced NIght Sky (even though i dont think this mod would affect daytime acitivity), Skyrim Sun Glare, Enhanced Distant Terrain, etc etc. Have yet to figure out what is causing this and hoping someone else may know or have had the same issue. Im still not even sure if this is some type of texture glicth or some type of shadow effect gone awry or what.

Made a video of it so its much easier than trying to explain it in words.

Edited by Talonvore

This is fixable, and related to shadow settings in your SkyrimPrefs.ini

I don't have the exact fix on hand, but I'd suggest searching around for Skyrim flickering shadows.

Edit: It's not mod related, it's due to the way Skyrim deals with shadows (which is buggy in general).

This is fixable, and related to shadow settings in your SkyrimPrefs.ini

I don't have the exact fix on hand, but I'd suggest searching around for Skyrim flickering shadows.

Edit: It's not mod related, it's due to the way Skyrim deals with shadows (which is buggy in general).

Ok thanks for the heads up will look into it. Thanks!!!

• 7 months later...
I have had this problem too. I fixed it by changing the bDrawLandShadows=1 line in the SkyrimPrefs.ini to bDrawLandShadows=0. I don't know if this has been resolved yet or not, but here is what worked for me.