Total/Complete Darkness in dungeons.

domaik

This is already been asked by calyps in this post

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/494188-delete-dungeon-candles/

thanks to him for posting,

but here I am to ask it again (maybe some will hate me for posting another topic for this)

I'll quote AreeSoothsayer

I agree. I mean we enter into ancient burial chambers where no one has stepped in hundreds of years... oh look! someone lit a bunch of ordinary wax candles for us.

it'd be awesome to be walking in total darkness and have Draugrs/ghosts and enemies everywhere comming from who knows where, and actually using lighting spells to see or torches...it think it'd be awesome and it is really necessary so I'm asking for this again..this needs to be made...

thanks you for your time

This is already been asked by calyps in this post

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/494188-delete-dungeon-candles/

thanks to him for posting,

but here I am to ask it again (maybe some will hate me for posting another topic for this)

I'll quote AreeSoothsayer

I agree. I mean we enter into ancient burial chambers where no one has stepped in hundreds of years... oh look! someone lit a bunch of ordinary wax candles for us.

it'd be awesome to be walking in total darkness and have Draugrs/ghosts and enemies everywhere comming from who knows where, and actually using lighting spells to see or torches...it think it'd be awesome and it is really necessary so I'm asking for this again..this needs to be made...

thanks you for your time

I second this idea. Totally :D Although I bet this'll be fixed as soon as the construction kit is released :)

Edited by Skitkjell

There has been some progress on this from Pluto on his True Dark Dungeons mod. However, there is a quite nasty bug in relation to radiant quests when using it.

I do envision he will be working on fixing what is there now and when the CK comes out I think he should be able to remove lights that shouldnt be there as well as adding lights where needed.

Does the darkness then count for monsters eather? Means are they as blinded as we are in complete darkness or would they rather ignore it?

I would assume that monsters are like animals and can see in darkness better than humans can.

Does the darkness then count for monsters eather? Means are they as blinded as we are in complete darkness or would they rather ignore it?

I would assume that monsters are like animals and can see in darkness better than humans can.

What i mean is, do npc´s in general register its dark..without light or is that for them a non existent variable. In That case, human bandits npc´s would attack you in complete darkness as they do in light..while the player is helpless to them..without light.

As much as i would like a complete darkness but only if it can be used against monsters or hostile humans, too.

There are two mods out there that modify lights. The first is a pre-processing HDR mod that darkens the ambient light and brightens light sources. There's also True Dark Dungeons and True Dark Nights mod. I like to use both in conjunction, but sadly my four year old laptop that barely meets the minimum requirements can't handle the stress of mental ray lighting and overheats rather quickly, so I'm in the market for a quad core desktop.

What i mean is, do npc´s in general register its dark..without light or is that for them a non existent variable. In That case, human bandits npc´s would attack you in complete darkness as they do in light..while the player is helpless to them..without light.

As much as i would like a complete darkness but only if it can be used against monsters or hostile humans, too.

think about this: if the place were full of bandits...wouldn't they have lights everywhere since they're human and need light? so they would have lights.

Undead like ghosts or draugrs don't need light and no one stepped in their chambers so no lights there...

another thing I had happening is, in middle of night, being attacked by an assasin (always khajit) from Dark brotherhood...so for khajits the mod would be awesome and they'd get to use their power...we'd also get to use shouts like reveal life more often

well, about those mods you say, I'll have a look at them and we'll see...but what I mean is total removal of lights in ancient burial places where no one stepped in, and also caves without light from outside...and some more dungeons.

Edited by domaik

I second this. I think they wanted to brilliantly show off their creations with specific area lighting (which looks nice most of the time) but is not true to the RP aspect of the world - yes.. these places would most likely not be lit - especially natural caves or barrows where no one has been (supposedly) in a long time...

Its good to see we have some immersion demanding RPers out there...