Wouldn't it be cool...

QuantumBios

If Bethesda had quietly hired Icecreamassassin & Apollodown to implement Legacy of the Dragonborn & Civil War Overhaul onto Special Edition? Those are the two main reasons I got back into Skyrim.

Maybe a Requiem option built in too. :-)

That would be pretty neat.

It'd also be pretty cool if they added a third option for the Civil War quest: Unite the two sides and slaughter the Thalmor. Think about it: The Thalmor are driven from Skyrim by the Empire and the Stormcloaks (led by the Dragonborn), and maybe any other factions that are friendly to the Dragonborn that would like to help.

Then the Empire has no reason to ban the worship of Talos, and the two sides can stop warring. Though, Ulfirc's murder would be needed to be dealt with.

Still, I'd like a third option as I feel both the Empire and the Stormcloaks are in the wrong. It's the Thalmor that deserve death.

Apologies, it was early when I wrote that. I'll flesh out more of what i meant.

Bethesda is rolling out a new version of Skyrim. From what I've read, it's basically updated graphics & 64-bit. That's cool that they decided to do that. It actually made me come back to a game I never finished 5 years ago after buying it the day it came out in the store. (Got too easy around level 70.)

In 2 months I've been back I've spent the majority of that time learning about mods. Never really heard about them until Fallout 4, and became addicted to modding FO4 via their in-game tool. Modded it until it broke, then heard about the Skyrim SE release coming up and took a look. This past 6 weeks I've now taught myself a basic understand of Mod Organizer, LOOT, TES5Edit, FNIS, and WryeBash. (Still have to learn Merge, SkyProc, and Dual Sheath Redux) I've accumulated a fun, what I thought was playable modlist of about 115 mods, got to level 22 and discovered after defeating 3 dragons on a steep cliff and saving my game, that my save was 112 megabytes.

Sigh. Time to start over. (So SICK of Shroud Heath Barrow!)

But I will start over. I want to win this game now, but the only version I'm interested in winning is the player created version, the modders version. The reason I picked LotD and EGO was because those were the two mods that I couldn't see myself playing the game without. Of course the other mods are awesome, Forgotten Magic, Apocalypse magic, Lanterns of Skyrim, Towns and Villages Enhanced, etc, etc ALL super cool as well, but LotD & EGo changed the game for me significantly.

The fact that this 5+ year old game still has dedicated players, I believe, is due to the modders and the community they've created. I am amazed by the craftwork that has gone into making this game what it is today by these individuals.

My thought was, why couldn't Bethesda pick a handful of modders that have made significant game-changing additions to vanilla, and offer them a contract job or such? Instead of simply releasing a graphically updated version, why now make it "really" "Special" and incorporate a few of the great ideas that these talented modders have created? (With compensation, of course.)

That would make this "Special Edition" actually special. From what I'm reading, the textures that this community has already provided may be better than what they are going to charge people to play with anyways. It just seemed to make sense to me, is all. Thanks for reading.

-AegisRunesone - I totally agree with your idea about the Civil War. With immersive patrols and CWO installed, I come across minibattles going on all the time, and it's so cool. I agree that both sides seem to be at fault, and the Thalmor are the ones that need to be expelled from Skyrim. Haughty bastages.

Something like that, or my idea, as a super surprise, not announced, would really go a long way for Bethesda I think. As it stands, the way the Special Edition is shaping up now, it comes off to me as a slight money grab. Yeah, they're updating it, but from a couple hundred grand more, they could have really made it "special" and worth running through again. Explorer's Society you say? Where do I sign up?