In dwemers we trust

Basaltface

Wholy crap. I want, want, want, want, want (etc) this. All of it. Every last bit.

I know it's probably going to be a complete pain in the ass to learn from neigh scratch, but I want to create a series of claw/fist weapons and a new hand 2 hand perk tree. Might you have any pointers? Tutorials you might think could be specifically useful?

Or ultimately should I just wait for Scc?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on simple observation, all the Dwemer machines had Soul gems, which were likely the power source behind the machines, or at least their AI automation, using a real living soul trapped within a gem as the driving force behind the mechanism. These were normal soul gems, but I wonder if they took any Black Soul gems filled with humanoid souls and put them in a machine, and made some sort of cyborg? Maybe some Dwemer mad scientist actually had his soul put in a Black soul gem and made into a machine, and escaped the same fate as the other Dwemer, and still lives deep in a ruin somewhere? Edited by Beriallord

what i was able to gather about the dwemer tells that those souls are artificial souls. BUT the lore tells that there is ...or better was somewhere a dwemer fraction that actually transfered their souls into special centurions. I sadly dont recall what book and what tes tells about that story.. but one thing i can say for sure. Its not in skyrim :).

About the dwemer is not much known alltogether, so also about the machines , language and stuffs like that. Thats why i like em...or whats left of them luls.

The only living dwemer that ever showed up in the elder scrolls was in morrowind in such a ..uhh.. lets say "hospital" for corpus (a disease) victims.

Here´s a pic

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmydg75o8v1qdjg0ko1_500.jpg

But this guy denined to tell me moa about his race so i was forced to shoot arrows in all his knees XD.

and siosasm...this weapons you see here are really easy to create. You just need nif scope for that...and of course the meshes from skyrim. I looked up for you to find a tutorail in this direction, but sadly i dont found one that would show you how you can do what i did at this claw thingy.

The claw will be a part of an upcoming mod and will come together with a for the right hand fitting one.

For now this claw is only a replacer..so it makes no sence at all to upload it now. I suggest you to wait for the sck that will come in january.

Then you can also have this claw in a real mod ;)

Edited by Basaltface

This has the potential to be enormous. This could branch off into an amazing quest line, learning engineering and Dwemer crafting while learning more about the Dwemer as a race and the secret of their downfall. Maybe at the end bring a group of them back from where ever they've been and turn them into a faction, with another quest line about restoring them. And of course continuing to create loads of Dwemer machinisms.

Once the CK hits, this stuff is just gonna avalanche

Well... with Skyrim´s soul gems you can do a lot like it seems. *points at the soul gem trap turrets*

I plan work work also into the soul gem direction with my stuffs, but i guess i will "invent" a new type of soul. "artificially produced souls".

So basically a soul like energy that can be simply created with some highly occult machines (such machines will also be my focus point)

Some kind of "wicked technomancy" that will also go deeply into the daedra stuff (spawning portals to other dimensions),or to controll corpses with some type of helmed or armor. If i figure out how, then also to spawn ballistas (of many kinds). Then of course some alchemy, gas bombs and gas sprays that do mean stuff to those who breath that in. Already made some modest drawings with my modest skills for dwemer type gas masks, night vision goggles that use actual animal eyes as lenses and bombs. IF i am right and you really can apply special animation to forces as it is shown with those pestilence guys in the Peryite quest (they vomit acid at you) then there will be a lot things like throwable bombs and maybe even useable firearms (nail gun, bolt gun, musket type firearm..maybe even some type of laser with focus lenses) be possible. Well.. the great "IF" remains XD cause without the CK i am limited to basic stuff like the buzzaw staff and the claw glove.

Needless to say that i also belive in a good storyline, maybe something that fits directly in the scene you get in almost every dwemer ruin. Machines vs. Falmer. I can imagine a rather huge underground battlefield where the player needs to play "mc giver" and mess arround with dwemer stuffs to surive a 300 like war against a huge amount of pissed off falmers . Would be for sure a funny thing.

Or how about the usual "mad scientist that needs to be stopped" thingy where the player gets then as reward the ability to craft such dwemer contraptions.

Like snow elf mentoned ,this has the potential to be enormous.

I´d love to hear what you guys got in mind, share your minds with me if you want and maybe you can find your idea then in one of my mods ;)

Edited by Basaltface

Omg thet arm weapon and thet back pack is sick awsome!!!! It woud be awsome if you coud do a light dwemer armor mainaly for archer tipe characters like you know it woud hawe googles on the helmet a metal face protector ofcourse wiht a fiting helmet and it woud hawe a few soulgems stacked on the chest peace like gun bullets (possible gun/crosbow for it prety plz? 8D ) oh and what about thet you coud improwe the dwemer swords wiht a chainsaw (to much out from the picture?) or something like thet? Oh man now thet I started to thinking the ideas seams endles >_<

I'm very good at writing in-character scholarly type books and/or journals, so if anyone does decide to make this mod go ahead and contact me. I can work within any parameters you give me, or if you aren't really a story person I can create explanations for why the mod works the way it does in-game. Edited by RobCoPublicReassurance