Create your own follower

camoway

i know 00000007 1

creates a dup of your char

then used a bat file

bat follow from a bat battle

then setav confidence 4

so they dont just run away in combat

and bat strip so i can give them custom armor.

but then if i change my char the npc changes as well

as soon as i leave town.

anyone know how to make the

settings stick?

im pertty worn out thought it was working spent a couple hours make a couple different npc's...

then i left town.... I was soo pissed off all my hard work went bie bie.

Edited by camoway

It would be so much simpler with the CK ^.^ I was trying to dupe myself, kill myself then thrall myself. This may sound crazy buy if you had a spell to clone yourself you could have a thrall of yourself summoning yourself :O

That is related to the meaning of BaseID and RefID. The BaseID is a template from what the game places a copy into the world and give it a RefID. While the BaseID is unique it can have many copies in game, each copy uniquely identified by that RefID.

So when you change the BaseID of your character it's is recreated in game (like you can see using the sexchange command), for that reason when the cell is loaded the engine uses the modified template and so your companion inherits the properties of it's "father object", better saying, it's BaseID... at least is how I understand what is happening there.

I guess it should not happen to most objects and maybe not even to NPCs supposing the RefID is kept and never disabled/enabled, maybe the player has special treatment by the engine.

Edit, for sure the enable and disable script instructions or console commands works over RefID, and so is not the case there... well, suddenly I feel at lost to explain the phenomenon. Looks like it is a "feature" of the engine to recreate the player's copy from the template.

The BaseID -> RefID approach is useful so it's possible to change the properties of a refid without changing every other copy of the same object in game. Besides, the BaseID is supposed to never change other than by direct modding, what clearly is not the case where you are indeed doing it with the Player character. More yet, changing the BaseID properties is what is done by replacers (mods) and so affects all occurrences of the related object in game... put all this together and you have the answer.

Edited by nosisab

i know 00000007 1

creates a dup of your char

then used a bat file

bat follow from a bat battle

then setav confidence 4

so they dont just run away in combat

and bat strip so i can give them custom armor.

but then if i change my char the npc changes as well

as soon as i leave town.

anyone know how to make the

settings stick?

im pertty worn out thought it was working spent a couple hours make a couple different npc's...

then i left town.... I was soo pissed off all my hard work went bie bie.

What I did was Turned Sylgja into a follower. She was level 6 when I met her and I am done with the game at level 53 and just playing around, so to start out

~ and Click on her

addfac 0005C84D 4

getav level

setav level <whatever level you want up to 50>

getav onehanded

setav onehanded <the amount you want to add to her existing one handed>

getav marksman

setav marksman <the amount you want to add to her existing marksman>

getav health

setav health <the amount of health you want her/him to have>

help <Sylgja or whatever NPC you are using> 0

<find the base id and>

setessential <base ID> 1

inv

removeitem <miners clothes base id> 1

~

click on her and have her follow you wherever and you can give her whatever clothes or armor you want, and if you took her miners clothes out of her inventory she can't revert back to them.. :biggrin:

there are more setav skills here so if you want to buff up two handed

If you use Sylgja, you should do her quest before making her a follower.

• 1 year later...