Stormcloak Rebellion Vs. Empire

RavveN

Rise Stormcloacks!  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

That kind of racism for my Argonian will not be tolerated, calling us "Lizards" really...we might look like them, but we are not lizards!, I supported the Stormcloaks, then after we drove the Empire out I chopped Ulfric's head off for the murder of the High King...will need a mod to sort out the rest of the problems that plague Skyrim, like no new Jarls since I killed the ones that were only on Ulfric's side for power not the people. As the Dragonborn, you have the power curb the threat of the Dragons, making them allies, then no one will stand much of a chance of dominating the new empire that we should be able to create.

The Empire is whats best for Skyrim, and whats best for Tamriel. It won't be easy going, what with the fact theres no Numidium to crush those damn Domminion bastards this time, but the Empire is the only thing which can hope to stand against them.

Those uppity nords who aren't bright enough to see that (Which, i should point out, hardly makes them the 'True sons and daughters of Skyrim', and both sides consider themselves the loyal ones :P) can just suck it up for a few decades while the Empire does what it does best. Kick Altmer ass.

If Empire is the best in fighting Altmer , then your Empire is doomed. :devil: Just two mer nations were needed to almost annihilate whole men race.

You were lucky we didnt have dunmer at our side during great war.

Long live Thalmor !

Some people seem to forget that Mede II slaughtered the Domminion when he retook the Imperial City, annihilating the entirety of their forces in Cyrodil and forcing the Thalmor to pull back from their offences in Hammerfell in order to regroup. The only thing that kept the Empire from maintaining that momentum was war-wearyness. It wasn't a lack of military capabilities, it was moral. The Empire remains damn good at putting Altmer in the ground.

Stormcloaks. The Empire is done for, and the arguments that none of the provinces would be able to defend themselves against the Thalmor ring exceedingly hollow with me. They're merely assumptions based on preference; no-one knows at all how powerful Skyrim would be if unleashed. The problems with Ulfric can be fixed; the problem with the Empire is systemic, and at this point the only course of action for the Dragonborn would be tearing it down and rebuilding something new and vigorous, but that isn't an option...and you'd be turfing the Empire out anyway.

How does historical fact ring hollow? The Elves have in the past subjugated every other incumbant race on Tamriel, and by all indications are not lacking for the strength to do it again. Provided said races stick to their own and don't present a unified threat. You also have the fact that, using basic logic, Skyrim CANNOT be stronger than the Empire. The Empire includes Skyrim, meaning Skyrim's might is part of the Empires whole, and as such the Empires whole would be superior to Skyrim alone.

Finally, how is the problems of the Empire systemic? The only thing causing this conflifct (Other than Ulfric's own greed, and the possible influance of the Thalmor on everyones favorite Nazi-waiting-to-happen) is the Talos clause of the Compact, something which the Empire ignored for two decades anyway. Ulfric is the one who stirred that pot and forced the Empire to crack down to prevent a war it wasn't ready for. The entire situation is Ulfric's falt, and the Stormcloaks are gulliable enough to actually beleive his cries of oppression.

The Empire is hardly doomed. It's gone through worse scrapes than its current problems, and it will go through more in time. It's the one consistantly reliable bet in the TES universe, and siding with anyone else is way too much of a gamble for my tastes.

In every game to date my first, most played character has always been a Nord.

Imagine my delight when I can get my main Nord, give her braveheart facepaint, plug my laptop into my 47" telly, and run around slaughtering Imps, screaming "FOR FREEDOM!" at the top of my voice.

My character:

Nord Female, red hair, dark blue facepaint reminisce of bravceheart.

Light armour only, full scale set no helmet. (nords in heavy armour? NORDS DONT NEED HEAVY ARMOUR!)

For realism, a challenge and because im a badass, only use one weapon - my first iron greatsword I picked up. (along the braveheart idea as well)

I do carry a bow for taking shots at dragons before they land, but I do believe im yet to actually hit one that isnt stationary.

Who else fights for skyrim? Describe your character so we know our comrades.

Imagine my delight when I can get my main Nord, give her braveheart facepaint, plug my laptop into my 47" telly, and run around slaughtering Imps, screaming "FOR FREEDOM!" at the top of my voice.

My character:

Light armour only, full scale set no helmet. (nords in heavy armour? NORDS DONT NEED HEAVY ARMOUR!)

For realism, a challenge and because im a badass, only use one weapon - my first iron greatsword I picked up. (along the braveheart idea as well)

I do carry a bow for taking shots at dragons before they land, but I do believe im yet to actually hit one that isnt stationary.

Well My Character:

Name: Raven White-Eye

Nord Male, Short dark hair, warpaint over eyes, white eyes...

Light armor, full scale with helmet (trying to make glass) I agree about nords in heavy armour, i am barbarian :thumbsup:

I use companions steel greatsword and orcish bow for dragons

My character:

Name : Amras

race : Altmer

equipment : In full elven set with one handed elven sword and destruction spells on another hand.

Making Skyrim a better place by purging all Talos followers, since day one

My character:

Well My Character:

Name: Raven White-Eye

Nord Male, Short dark hair, warpaint over eyes, white eyes...

Light armor, full scale with helmet (trying to make glass) I agree about nords in heavy armour, i am barbarian :thumbsup:

I use companions steel greatsword and orcish bow for dragons

Hey i started a new topic titled stormcloaks rather than have this idea hiding here at the end of this thread. I give a kind of example of the idea, if you want, go throw something in there. We'll show the empire that Talos is the Ninth divine, and that Skyrim belongs to the nords!

Imperials get my vote!

I started off thinking that the Stormcloaks were the natural good guys but as you go through the game and stay neutral you quickly realise that Ulfric is a complete and utter B|****\888 and I like the Jarl of Windrun and he has no scruples in just screwing him over and taking his city. Not only is he racist but he has NO honour and is a big fat lying cheat! Fair fight my ass!!! The High King could not refuse the duel because otherwise there would be a vote so he could lose power, he had no choice but to fight and Ulfric new this and then CHEATED by using his huge super powers!

basically...Stormcloaks = Bad Guys!!!!

Also totally agree that the only chance Skyrim and the rest of Tamriel has against the elves is to be part of the empire and fight together.

please also note that Braveheart (the film) is not a true account of events at the time of England V Scotland it is VERY biased towards the Scots, love them as I do, (I have some Scotish heritage) The story is not that straight forward and William Wallis was a bit of a Bastard himself in the time!