How much stamina do you give your warriors?

Kravick

76 members have voted

1. 1. Without enchants, how much stamina does your warrior have?

I decided that on my next play through I'm going to do something I've never done before in an Elderscrolls game. Make a heavily armored warrior that focuses on 2 handed weapons. I honestly don't know why I've never played this kind of character in either Morrowind or Oblivion. Actually this character will be more like a Paladin I suppose, using Restoration to heal myself with as well as trying to utilize Turn Undead where applicable. I'll wear + magicka items and eventually move to magicka reduction items at some point so magicka won't really be an issue. I have no idea what a good amount of stamina is for a 2 hand user though. Since the stamina attribute also effects how much you can carry I'd like to know what most of you feel is a good amount to invest into stamina.

for my worrier, 100 magicka, 150 health, 400 stamina

+50 health early game, once i have 1000 armor i dont need health anymore. i have 50 ultimate health potions that i picked up from dungeons, and never drank one. who needs magicka when you have shout? just fus roh da and charge in, not much to say about worrier

I have around

500 stamina for my 2 hand maul warrior and a bunch of +%health and stamina regeneration and +% 2H damage /Light Armor rings / recklace rating and boots for resistance in magic and frost,i am also wearing light armors my hp is around 250 and mana at 100 for a level 53 pure bred warrior.I wear Light because of the bonus 50% regen in stamina perks and with a + to light skill i have about 500+ light defense btw you need at least 3 different armor sets for resistance too if you play on master difficulty i prefer to use light because i can use more power attacks on the enemy with a 75% armor penetration i can rip them to shreds in seconds, my main 3 perks are 2Hand/Enchant/Smith the rest are alchemy/shout/pick pocket on my pick pocket i have a different armor set for sneak/pick pocket with a dual enchanting

cheers :D

Edited by spets21

I'd say that Stamina's useful for the archer types... For shield bashing, too. As for the 2handers and dual wielders, they'd be more interested in health, IMHO. I keep 3:2 health to stamina ratio for my mace and shield build. Edited by TimF

Over 300.

Because I run a lot.

Because 2 handed takes a lot of Stamina.

Because I kill things before they kill me.

Because I go 2:1 ratio, Stamina:Health.

Yup.

"I'd say that Stamina's useful for the archer types... For shield bashing, too. As for the 2handers and dual wielders, they'd be more interested in health, IMHO. I keep 3:2 health to stamina ratio for my mace and shield build. "

Sorry but i have to disagree about this. I am a dual wielder and stamina is a must. I keep it at a 2:1 ratio with health as well. Playing on master level, your health doesnt matter as much because 200 or 400, you get 1-3 shotted all the time. The trick is if you are playing a dual wielder to completely overcome the enemy as fast as possible. This means non stop power attacks which drains your stamina in a hurry.

Precisely 300, also wearing one + stamina and one + sta regen item. That's enough to stunlock-kill most opponents with one-handed power attacks and shield bashes. And it allows me to have enough health so that I won't die if I have to fall back to normal attacks in the very short time my stamina needs to regenerate. And if I ever get beaten up enough to have to heal myself, having 362 stamina with that Item means I can fully abuse my perk-improved spell taht heals 300 of both health and stamina.

Playing on master without potions btw, and I'd recommend keeping health slightly ahead of stamina early one, especially if you don't use a shield. Otherwise you might get one-shotted by dragons which means a lot of reloading. Since early game on master means a lot of tactical retreats, the perk that makes restoration spells also restore stamina should be taken as early as possible. You usually get beaten close to death before even being able to spend all your stamina anyway.

Over 300.

Because I run a lot.

Because 2 handed takes a lot of Stamina.

Because I kill things before they kill me.

Because I go 2:1 ratio, Stamina:Health.

Yup.

That right there. :biggrin: