GOD DAMN! when I exit oblivion i get a black screen and am forced to restart my pc

bonseesmoreno

ok, I am understanding there is a some sort of "black screen" taking place?

on game boot? what?

No, on game exit.

The game loads, and plays fine. But when I close the game, it causes my screen to go black and stay like that until I hard reset my PC. Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing, Alt tab does nothing. I tried turning my monitor on and off just in case, but that also made no difference.

Now that I think about it I could potentially alt tab out and close the game with task manager and see if I can get out that way. Not the best work around ever, but better than a hard reset every time.

ok, do it, now I understand

I'm not sure how you would do this on a more modern OS (I'm an old WinXP dinosaur) but I found that turning off the reporting to Microsoft part the the crash cleared up some of my own freeze ups that required a complete system restart.

• 2 months later...

This is a big problem for me. Fast Exit 2 doesn't work for me in my Steam game. Exiting will result in the Black Screen of Death requiring a hard reboot.

Alt + F4 will open and close the map. Seems that Alt tab can at least bring me to the desktop where I can click it closed.

Bet this is not a problem for those folks running the retail version on Windows XP.