No sea monsters?!?

Zethalas

I have over 230 hours invested, I started over a 40 something character. I have taken things slow, enjoying the game. I have only unlocked 46 percent of the game with both of my characters.

My question is:

Are there any sea monsters?!? I love walking down the road and all of the sudden a huge boom sounds, and dust is kicked up from the dragon who just landed beside me. Makes me jump!

I want that same feeling in the water, I want some areas to be dangerous to swim?

Do I have anything to look forward to?

Thanks for responding!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My character went wading into the water in some small lake and was attacked by what appeared to be

flounder on Sheen juice (ergo rabid crazy).

Does that count? Seemed pretty monstrous to me at the time. Maybe they could be modded

into something more scary.

Say, maybe a Creature of the Dark Lagoon with a morphed Sheen-Pelosi face?

/shudder

Generally speaking, sea monsters only exist far out to sea. Closer to shore all you have are Horkers, Slaughterfish, Dreugh and Sload. And the last two don't do well in cold waters.

Because sea travel isn't that big from a gameplay perspective in TES games, and generally only serves as a fast travel mechanic, we have yet to see any of the monsters which lurk in the waters between the contenants. To the best of my knowlege, the same can be said for Skyrim. Nothing bigger than a Slaughterfish is going to try to eat you while you're ignoring the fact you should have hypothermia.

Mudcrabs, Slaughterfish, and Horkers are all the aquatic animals I've seen thus far. Considering that you can't attack under water I'm glad that there aren't any more dangerous critters, as Sluaghterfish are bad enough when you can't fight back.

I think touch-range spells should work underwater, but that's just me. I also think that magic shot into the water (particularly fire!) shouldn't hit you when you are underwater. Arrows, yeah, if you're not deep (Mythbusters proved that lower-velocity projectiles will hit their target under a few feet of water, they used guns, but I think an arrow would be similar?)

Pretty much just Slaughterfish. It's too bad too, because it would have been totally awesome to get attacked by something similar to the creature that attacked the Fellowship in Lord of the Rings when they were entering the Dwarven City.