Upcoming features and interviews

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #43562410. #43564460, #43564645, #43595455, #43608030, #43615050, #43615075, #43619465, #43626805, #43631250, #43631340, #43642440, #43668365 are all replies on the same post.

Jimmyflow wrote: Having something in addition to just hosting mods, like how to's and tutorials. Similar to what is found on Reddit's skyrimmods. Or at least directing users to credible content. I realize this might entail a lot of work and time, but its essential if you're going to be pushing out the next generation mod manager.

As we've all come to learn, modding is not just plug and play anymore.
HadToRegister wrote: +10

There DEFINITELY needs to be a Modding Tutorial Section.

This is a MUST
nogamenotitans wrote: I second this
DisgruntledGrillCook wrote: I agree with this too.
TheGoktor wrote: Adding my agreement as well. I would love there to be a modding tutorial section!
Darkknightsyndrome wrote: Definitely, also agree as well too, not all of us are tech savvy and get things right off the bat like others do, sometimes reading/watching tutorials over and over til I get it has helped me with a lot of stuff, especially with MO.
SiDroid wrote: Adding my vote too.
MlleK wrote: Absolutely this.

Preferably tutorials both of just how to use/install mods and how to make them as well. Trying to learn how to make small mods for yourself can be a real pain because I can't tell you how many times I'd find a tutorial that show me exactly how to do The Thing but then the next time I needed to do The Thing I couldn't find that tutorial anywhere. Even if they were just reposted (with permission) or linked from The Assimilation Lab, TES Alliance, etc to collect them all in one place would be wonderful.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: Couldn't agree more.
Solluth wrote: Yes, a community page where people new to the nexus can find a quick run-through of the site's features and maybe some very basic programs and tutorials on simple mods to integrate them into the community faster and more comfortably.
Swandar wrote: I agree 100%. For some games that don't have NMM a tutorial is a must.
petewolf wrote: Throwing in with the group, this could be very beneficial.
tjmmilldog wrote: Adding my agreement as well. I would love there to be a modding tutorial section with in-depth guides as well to help show us the better paths we can take is needed as well. thanks for all your support.

There is sort of kind of one on the wiki (click the wiki tab). But its in its infancy.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A feature I would like to see added would be the ability to clean up the download history list. Specifically the ability to remove duplicate/old entries with a single button press. This could make it much easier to find favorite mods, esp. if you need to reinstall a particular game.

Don't know if this has been proposed yet, but how about reorganizing the main page so that the games are sorted based upon total number of downloads and not the total number of files? Edited by kfbkfb

In response to post #43562410. #43564460, #43564645, #43595455, #43608030, #43615050, #43615075, #43619465, #43626805, #43631250, #43631340, #43642440, #43668365, #43760355 are all replies on the same post.

Jimmyflow wrote: Having something in addition to just hosting mods, like how to's and tutorials. Similar to what is found on Reddit's skyrimmods. Or at least directing users to credible content. I realize this might entail a lot of work and time, but its essential if you're going to be pushing out the next generation mod manager.

As we've all come to learn, modding is not just plug and play anymore.
HadToRegister wrote: +10

There DEFINITELY needs to be a Modding Tutorial Section.

This is a MUST
nogamenotitans wrote: I second this
DisgruntledGrillCook wrote: I agree with this too.
TheGoktor wrote: Adding my agreement as well. I would love there to be a modding tutorial section!
Darkknightsyndrome wrote: Definitely, also agree as well too, not all of us are tech savvy and get things right off the bat like others do, sometimes reading/watching tutorials over and over til I get it has helped me with a lot of stuff, especially with MO.
SiDroid wrote: Adding my vote too.
MlleK wrote: Absolutely this.

Preferably tutorials both of just how to use/install mods and how to make them as well. Trying to learn how to make small mods for yourself can be a real pain because I can't tell you how many times I'd find a tutorial that show me exactly how to do The Thing but then the next time I needed to do The Thing I couldn't find that tutorial anywhere. Even if they were just reposted (with permission) or linked from The Assimilation Lab, TES Alliance, etc to collect them all in one place would be wonderful.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: Couldn't agree more.
Solluth wrote: Yes, a community page where people new to the nexus can find a quick run-through of the site's features and maybe some very basic programs and tutorials on simple mods to integrate them into the community faster and more comfortably.
Swandar wrote: I agree 100%. For some games that don't have NMM a tutorial is a must.
petewolf wrote: Throwing in with the group, this could be very beneficial.
tjmmilldog wrote: Adding my agreement as well. I would love there to be a modding tutorial section with in-depth guides as well to help show us the better paths we can take is needed as well. thanks for all your support.
shadowslasher410 wrote: There is sort of kind of one on the wiki (click the wiki tab). But its in its infancy.

I don't know, my most successful mod was a fifteen minute project of adding a bridge over a tiny, but fast river.

In response to post #43737425.

Zele wrote: Only thing a need from a redesign is that the notification for new mods in the menu is only für the mods in the nexus part i'm currently in. I don't need the notification for an updated skyrim mod when i'm searching for new Fallout 4 mods in the Fallout 4 section....

I believe you'd be looking for the "Game Specific Notifications" setting in account preferences.

Are you people so hopelessly incompetent that NMM is offline AGAIN, over a week after the release of Skyrim SE? The release date was public knowledge since this summer, so, there's no excuse for being unprepared for the increased server load. Get your s**t together!

I would like for NMM to be online so I can update FO4 Mods, I am very patient for the Skyrim fix's but not being able to log into the mgr to update mods is very bothersome

Keep up the good work.

Guess I will do a NO mod play through tell NMM is able to be used again

In response to post #44072285.

PJS1488 wrote: Are you people so hopelessly incompetent that NMM is offline AGAIN, over a week after the release of Skyrim SE? The release date was public knowledge since this summer, so, there's no excuse for being unprepared for the increased server load. Get your s**t together!

Calm down cowboy, even if you were paying them (which you are not) its not the way to asks for something.