I Don't Want to be the Main Character

TojiX

Does anyone remember Nerevar Say Nerevar?

It was a mod that let Jiub save the world in Morrowind, and basically left you off to enjoy your own life, while he would show up from time to time to tell of his awesome adventures!

I want this... For Skyrim.

Why? I hate being compelled to handle the crisis that is always afflicting the land. Perhaps I just want to be an Arch-Mage, and mage it up or something. It adds an interesting component to people who actually roleplay in the game. Anyways, I suggest this as a mod for when the Creation Kit is finally unleashed. Not that we have to remove our ability to use Shouts, and the Dragons can still spawn and wreck stuff up. You can still be a Dragonborn, or something. I just want someone else to save the world while I decorate my house.

Does anyone remember Nerevar Say Nerevar?

It was a mod that let Jiub save the world in Morrowind, and basically left you off to enjoy your own life, while he would show up from time to time to tell of his awesome adventures!

I want this... For Skyrim.

Why? I hate being compelled to handle the crisis that is always afflicting the land. Perhaps I just want to be an Arch-Mage, and mage it up or something. It adds an interesting component to people who actually roleplay in the game. Anyways, I suggest this as a mod for when the Creation Kit is finally unleashed. Not that we have to remove our ability to use Shouts, and the Dragons can still spawn and wreck stuff up. You can still be a Dragonborn, or something. I just want someone else to save the world while I decorate my house.

Indeed the most strange request I have seen, still a valid one.

Making such mod is all but trivial if it was to have an NPC actually doing all the main quest, anyway there is something you can do already that is opening the in game console and typing caqs (meaning Complete All Quests Stages). Be aware this can take a time or freeze your character, so be sure to have a hard save before attempting it.

The result is like you have done every and all quests and "maybe" (I can't be sure) still have the random dragon attacks and normal badguys spawning case you feel bored and resolve is time to go behead someone, otherwise you get that wanted peace to pursuit your leisure (or should I say lazyure? :) ).

why it is not like that? listen to bethesda's new pitch for elder scrolls 6 in the tone you're talking about:

so ya. you just kinda play as this guy/girl. they're not really that good at stuff, but he's got a house at least. maybe if you're pretty hardcore you can run an errand for a person or two. the main quest revolves around the return of those pesky neighboor's cats who keep getting into your basement. in a heroic battle, you call the exterminator to take care of them

cmon dude. its freakin elder scrolls. we play these games to simulate fantasy worlds where we slay massive monsters and crap, and save all of civilization from the forces of evil!

if i want to sit around and organize my house, i'd get off skyrim and organize my room :P pretty much the same thrill

No, we play the Elder Scrolls because we CAN do that. Not because we have to. If I want to be a treasure hunter, thief, arch-mage or a Legion soldier I should be able to, without having to save the world. Like I said in a similar topic:

"I would also like to oppurtunity to be "commonborn" instead of "dragonborn".

Once the CK comes out, this will probably be made a reality. You could perhaps, when you start a new game be presented with choices as to your character's background, which would determine your starting location. For example:

Criminal(Starts in prison, with the choice of either escaping or serving your sentence)

Hunter(Starts in the wilderness, equipped with some basic fur armor, a bow and a dagger)

Legionnaire/Legion Archer/Legion Scout(Starts in an Imperial camp, equipped with Legion armor(heavy, medium, light, respectively) and Imperial weapons)

Stormcloak(Starts in a Stormcloak camp, equipped with Stormcloak armor, and basic weaponry)

These are just some examples, but you get the idea. You would also be able to select "Dragonborn", in which case the game starts normally."

I would personally like to play the Legion, without having to save the world.

Great Idea (even though you admit it's not your own Nerevar say Nerevar! ;) )

The Different starts others suggested are cool, kinda remembers me of Dragon Age.

Someone else doing the job of the Dragonborn should be doable (yeah it will be hard work),

personnaly i thought at a point that it would even be fun do have a couple of other dragonborn in the

world trying to live their life (even some normal heros doing quests beside you would be great).

Makes the whole world more beliveable and to the critics....

there are so many things that you do besides the mainquest THE ELDER SCROLLS isn't really about that

wasn't the greatest strength of morrowind or oblivion anyway and now skyrim (not that great imo.)

And the OMG! Turns out that random stranger who ran into an ambush, got into prison ect.

is the new Messias Theme is sooo! old, really not worth comparing that do a huge alternate world

you can live in.

i share the sentiment, would love to play someone other than the damn saviour. I would rather have a more profound impact on the cities and villages as well as their inhabitants like be able to form my own gang called "getting s*** done" made from those who wish to follow and or I purchase. I would love for a mod where doing missions would actually have a physical impact on a city... like if you keep harassing a city (assassinations and thievery) you get more guards walking streets etc, or you could kill shopkeepers and replace them with "your people"... i dont want to rule the world because i was destined to or born to, but because i willed it. Stuff like that.