Welcome to the Skyrim Special Edition forums

Site Bot

Welcome to the Skyrim Special Edition forums on Nexus Mods.

We keep all discussion for new games to a single forum to make early discussion on the game easy to browse through and find. If the game becomes particularly popular on these forums then we will manually add more forum categories to help split up the various discussion topics a little bit more.

But for now, please chat about anything and everything related to Skyrim Special Edition in these general discussion forums.

Please remember our Terms of Service when you're talking on these forums as we very actively moderate and enforce our rules here!

Hello erverybody!

I've had TES5 running with about a hundred mods and 350+ hours playing. I eventually stopped because I thought I had seen all in Skyrim and modding that I wanted to see. I (of course) reinstalled my Legendary Edition so I could start anew and I must say I am quite excited. But there are a few things I hope someone will take the time and explain like I'm 5:

I've learned that there is a new section on Nexus for the SpecEd. Does that mean that I will to go there to look for and download mods for the SpecEd?

It is a different game,right? And therefor no 'old' mods from the Legendary Edition will work with it?

Will it be easy for mod-creators to port their 'old' mods to the SpecEd? I'm asking because (not surprisingly) none of the mods I used are there yet. I dont want to sound impatient, I love and appreciate the work erveryone here on Nexus and all of the mod-creators do and it's awesome that there are mods already! Just wondering how long this may take.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

I have a simple mod request, could any modders out there fix the player, actor/npc/animals/beast foot clipping or any clipping fixes at all, that would be awesome, and greatly appreciated!! :geek: :confused: :laugh: :happy: :pinch: :mellow:
I really hope someone will see this, and take up their time, I know there are alot of people, who might feel the same way, It's bothered me for about a year now, and I have no modding experience like this whatsoever.<----------

^ ^ ^

Hello erverybody!

I've had TES5 running with about a hundred mods and 350+ hours playing. I eventually stopped because I thought I had seen all in Skyrim and modding that I wanted to see. I (of course) reinstalled my Legendary Edition so I could start anew and I must say I am quite excited. But there are a few things I hope someone will take the time and explain like I'm 5:

I've learned that there is a new section on Nexus for the SpecEd. Does that mean that I will to go there to look for and download mods for the SpecEd?

It is a different game,right? And therefor no 'old' mods from the Legendary Edition will work with it?

Will it be easy for mod-creators to port their 'old' mods to the SpecEd? I'm asking because (not surprisingly) none of the mods I used are there yet. I dont want to sound impatient, I love and appreciate the work erveryone here on Nexus and all of the mod-creators do and it's awesome that there are mods already! Just wondering how long this may take.

Most people at the moment don't know you can still download all texture mods from the original skyrim and only the texture....that mean you will have more choice....and for all the other mods you need to go to the new skyrim special edition.....you will find some brand new mods and they are better than some old mods....i have already combined 50 old mods from the original skyrim with 45 new mods and the result it already better than the original skyrim ......i invited you to try it.....and the game run so smooth.....WOW and also one of the new ENB work so nice....it better than the famous ENB realvision.....

I have a simple mod request, could any modders out there fix the player, actor/npc/animals/beast foot clipping or any clipping fixes at all, that would be awesome, and greatly appreciated!!

I almost didnt reply becuase I thought your change of font size was sort of annoying, and noobish. But then I said to myself, this dude IS a noob, and maybe he just needs some help, so here you go, took me 5 seconds to search the nexus and I found the mod you're looking for.

Cheers

No Collision Between Actors SSE Edition by TheNukaDude - original by KiCHo666

• 1 year later...

Hello all I am new to all of this amazing word world of modding and playing Skyrim on a computer. I am sure i will have more question in the future but for right now i need help with one import question.

Which one do I buy. The original Skyrim, or the special addition.

I have played the original a lot back in the day, no DLC, on my Xbox. I am looking into into what the modding community has and i want that experience.

So which one would I get. Thanks for the help.