Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

In response to post #43633635. #43633905, #43634085 are all replies on the same post.

SKYmod250796 wrote: I've got a problem with NMM. I always have this message : "Timeout! Cannot reach the Nexus login server" :/
HisssssLizards wrote: Same here, I think their login server is overloaded currently.
TKHBMVP wrote: Same here too ....

same here they will hopefully fix it soon

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43623375.

FredNotBob wrote: Texture mods (at least, CBBE) still function properly, as long as you place them in the standard folder structure (you'll have to create the data\models\ and data\textures folders manually).

Is that data Models or data meshes?
Just checking it's not a typo the default has always bee meshes as I remember did they change that?

In response to post #43635285.

wtfbruhh wrote:

Whats so special about the Sp edition? its Graphics isn't it cant you just mod the original game to make it HD

The special edition's engine is 64-bit. This means the 4GB memory limit that caused hard crashes on the original skyrim is nonexistent now, there is no limit to system resources useable by the game. It is FAR more stable. The game now uses Directx11 as well which means more advanced effects with less performance impact.

Essentially, it's a huge upgrade for modding. The added visual fidelity and general game stability is nice for anyone who plays without mods though as the vanilla game does look quite nice now.

In response to post #43623140. #43623195, #43628970 are all replies on the same post.

looooots wrote: guys im 1% in the Downloads, is SSE a separate folder. i don't want it touching my current skyrim.
Therion666 wrote: Yeah it will install to a Skyrim Special edition folder in steam. However the NMM client isn't updated to find it just yet.
looooots wrote: Ah thats good, ty

It's treated as a completely seperate game.

In response to post #43632560.

beerisg00d wrote: Can someone help me with error I'm getting when selecting skyrim special edition from nexus mod manager. It closes when I select it on start up.

I get this message in trace log,"The directory name C:\Users\pcname\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition is invalid"

I have tried completely uninstalled NMM, 3rd time I installed it in same drive as game is in.

edit: did some more research. In case anyone gets same problem start the game and let it do initial run then open up NMM

thanks for writing this. ill give it a shot. :)

In response to post #43635285. #43635430 is also a reply to the same post.

wtfbruhh wrote:

Whats so special about the Sp edition? its Graphics isn't it cant you just mod the original game to make it HD

freakiertruth wrote: The special edition's engine is 64-bit. This means the 4GB memory limit that caused hard crashes on the original skyrim is nonexistent now, there is no limit to system resources useable by the game. It is FAR more stable. The game now uses Directx11 as well which means more advanced effects with less performance impact.

Essentially, it's a huge upgrade for modding. The added visual fidelity and general game stability is nice for anyone who plays without mods though as the vanilla game does look quite nice now.

64 bit engine and dx11 features who u will stop notice after 2 minutes??XD