[Bug?] Not being recognized as a Nord

Sabatasso

Possibly some mini spoilers here, but if you've played the game for more than five minutes, you need not worry.

So, I made a big and burly Nord to run through the game on the opposite side of the struggle. Obviously I figured that a Nord would fit best to the "Skyrim for Nords" faction, and went on making a big and burly, blue eyed guy.

Much to my surprise I noticed already outside Whiterun when you run into those companions, they called me outsider, or outlander or something. So I went straigth to Ulfrik to see if this was the case, and guess what, they asked why a foreigner would fight their cause...

I have like 32 mods installed, so I figured it was easier just asking here than to enable/disable and fix load order for all those mods and check for errors.

So my question is, is it like that for everyone, or is it a mod that's causing this?

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Sabatasso

it is NORMAL

as a nord, when you join stormcloaks, you wont have 'so you only take nord?' dialogue option

as a nord, guards will recognise you as 'kinsman', but you are still outsider. because you are not from that city. as to where you really from, god knows.

Edited by jy02521671

Ah yes, the ever so popular "Dunmer in Morrowind" solution. I can live with it, but Bethesda should really hire some more creative writers for the expansion.

Thanks for replies, not knowing was just nagging me even though I had my suspicions.

Edited by Sabatasso