⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Too bad, though, I always thought it was silly that you can be a blood mage and NO one cares.

I agree. The game spends so much time expounding on the dangers and evils of blood magic and you can run around all over the place without anyone saying a word. Even goody, goody big AL ignores it. In never used it when I first started playing because I was certain it was a deal breaker between he and the warden. But nope. He never said a word about it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I tried to deal with that is that I set my mod's priority to be lower than the default (which is 100, mine is 110). If another mod changes the same file I do, theirs should take precedence.

If anyone has found that not to be the case, if its not working the way I think its supposed to, please let me know and I'll work the problem some more.

Edited by Qwinn

C24. (v3.0) If you were Warm with Sten when you asked him why he came to Ferelden, the game would not remember that you had this conversation with him, which affected your choices on how to deal with him in the Fade and elsewhere.

G9. (v3.0) When rescuing your friends in the Fade, and after you fight their demons, sometimes, rarely, there is a small window where you can talk to your friend before the game registers that the demons are dead. If so, the initial cutscene would repeat, which could be greatly amusing if you decapitated the demons during the fight and wound up repeating the cutscene with headless actors. I placed a block in each dialogue to deal with this so that if you talk to them during that brief window, you should get a "Let's get out of here" type stringhead line instead of repeating the cutscene, which should give enough time for the game to register that the demon(s) are dead and the proper dialogue sequence should trigger soon after.

Edited by Qwinn

And that should be it for fixes involving Broken Circle for v3.0.

The following is the short list of bugs in the Broken Circle segment that I read about but couldn't replicate. If anyone has experienced them with the most recent version of the game and has an idea of how to reliably replicate them, please let me know. Quoted excerpts are from the Dragon Age wiki:

"If Uldred is not looted, leaving the Harrowing Chamber and then returning sometimes resets the fight with Uldred, meaning that the player can defeat him multiple times and gain experience each time. Remember that you must never loot him in order to come back and find him. If you ever loot him, he will not spawn anymore no matter what. This can be done if you don't take everything. The same happens for Patch 1.05 version but only a couple of times." I couldn't even leave the Harrowing Chamber without Irving interrupting me and forcing me to go to the first floor. Tried 4 times to return to Uldred's room from the 1st floor and it never happened.

"If you haven't collected "The Litany of Adralla" before the battle against Uldred, once you defeat him you will be returned downstairs to report to Knight-Commander Greagoir but you'll be unable to enter the tower again making it impossible for you to complete the quest and the game." I left the tower and returned just fine under those conditions.

(This is on the 4th floor of the tower, just outside the Central Chamber where you get sent to the Fade): "Sometimes a glitch will occur when you walk to the left of the second room you enter without going to the central chamber. This glitch will automatically teleport you to Cullen's prison and you can get to the Harrowing chamber without having to fight Sloth in the Fade (this glitch is confirmed on all versions)."

Ok, so Sten is getting some serious love.

C25. (v3.0) Unlike any of the other companions, the bulk of Sten's possible dialogue depends on taking him to certain locations around the game world. As if that weren't enough effort to have to spend, it is also required that Sten be in the party the *first* time that you go to those locations. If you take him back after the first time you've visited, it won't work. Now here's where it gets absurd: even if you do all that, the chance he'll say the line that opens up dialogue is completely random - if it randomly picks a different companion to say a line, you will never, ever be able to get that dialogue from Sten. There is a fair bit of code that seems intended to make sure that he always gave his lines when visiting those spots, but it was only half implemented and non-functional, and they instead worked those lines into the random party one-line barks code, which is where the randomness came into play. Trying to finish that code so that he always says his line when visiting those spots even after the first visit would be very invasive (I'd have to add triggers to area files, for example), but I have at least fixed it so that, if Sten is in the party the first time you visit these locations, his bark that opens up his dialogue will have priority over other party members' lines. If you play with Sten as a constant companion, he should be a lot more interesting now.

C26 (v3.0) Related to fix 25 (Sten's dialogue), the only trigger for Sten's dialogue about mages, on the first level of the Circle Tower near the barred doors, is poorly placed and easily missed. I've moved the trigger so that you can't get through the doors without hitting it anymore.

C27. (v3.0) Related to fix 25 (Sten's dialogue), there are two places in the game where you were supposed to be able to open up Sten's dialogue on religion. Near the chantry board in Lothering was one of them, but that was completely nonfunctional (this is the only place that half implemented code I talked about was actually attempted to be used). Remember, if you want to trigger his religion dialogue there, you have to have Sten with you the *first* time you approach the chantry board in Lothering... and since you can't get into the Chantry without passing close enough to the Chantry board, the only way you'll do this is to pick the lock on the cage rather than get the key from the Revered Mother. If that's too much trouble, be aware you can also open up the religion dialogue the first time stepping out of the Redcliffe chantry if Sten Is with you.

C28. (v3.0) In Sten's dialogue about mages, the game wouldn't remember Sten telling you what the Qunari do to their mages, preventing you from bringing it up in a later response.

Edited by Qwinn

EDIT: Upon further review, it seems two of Sten's four additional dialogue chains CAN be triggered by interparty banters with Wynne, Shale or Zevran . Not all of them though - the other two still have to be triggered by visiting a specific spot. IMO, even for those two that can be triggered, having to have Sten AND one of those other characters AND eventually get those specific banters in order to get these dialogues is still a pretty strict requirement. I still think it's a good fix, as that half-implemented code strongly suggests bringing Sten to those locations was always supposed to work, and it will still be in v3.0.

And here's another pretty good Sten fix:

C29. (v3.0) When Sten tells you the story about his crime when he is giving you his personal quest, you should have the option to ask more intelligent questions if you found out what he did (specifically, about the farm where his crime took place) while you were in Lothering... except the wrong variable was being checked, so you never got to ask those questions. You can now find out the necessary information to open up those responses from Sten himself, the Revered Mother, Ser Bryant, or one specific unique farmer near the entrance to Lothering, but in ALL cases, you cannot get the information after Sten has been released from the cage.

Edited by Qwinn

Even more Sten love:

C30. v(3.0) Sten's longest codex entry in the game was previously unobtainable due to the same bug as the previous fix. It will now be added when he gives you his personal quest. See next post.

C31. (v3.0) If you were warm with Sten when you first asked him what he was doing in the cage, you could go through his personal quest starting dialogue three times.

Edited by Qwinn

Actually, I'd like to double check something I said above. Can someone with a save game where they started Sten's personal quest check his codex entry and see if they ever got this entry?

"He was sent with a small group of Qunari soldiers to investigate the Blight and report back. Outside Lothering, they were ambushed by darkspawn. They fought off the attack, but only Sten survived. Farmers found him dying and took him in, but when he awoke, alone and unarmed, he panicked, killing the entire family. Realizing he had sacrificed his honor, Sten waited for the villagers to come, and surrendered, expecting death."

Because the DA Wiki does list that in codex entries you can get. If you *can* get it in the unmodded game, I'm missing something important.

EDIT: Hah! Never mind. I figured it out. Yes, you can get that entry in the unmodded game - but you *shouldn't*. You only do because of a totally different bug, lol (for the curious modder - the main plot flag that is supposed to set that codex entry is never set to true, and when I saw that I briefly assumed that you couldn't possibly get it... BUT, that main flag is set up in the script as a DEFINED flag... and apparently when you set up a main flag as a defined flag in the script, whatever is in that script will run even if you're just *checking* the value of that main flag. Had the main flag been set up properly as a main flag in the script, checking its value alone wouldn't have created the codex entry, only setting it to true would've done that. So at least as far as the codex entry is concerned, the second bug cancels out the first bug. Kinda amusing figuring that one out. Anyway, as part of my fixes, I do move that codex script to the proper main flag portion, but since I now actually set the variable that should create the codex, it all works properly. Extensively tested.

Edited by Qwinn