stuttering FPS outdoors - anyone else?

KurganSPK

So I let the game choose my settings - ultra everything - (new rig) and I'm suffering from continual stutters with fps so far - I turned down shadows a notch and things improved but come on - GTX 1080 and system with 64GB RAM and SSD. Latest drivers installed - perhaps NVIDIA needs a game ready driver release for this game?

Some nice ENB like effects outdoors and the god rays are nice... but so far I vastly prefer the look and perf of my regular modded game.

(that said I know there's a lot of potential here with future modding and I am eager to try the game again with 3D Vision since the use of ENB prevented that before - overwrote the same dll...now since ENB not really needed can try it again.)

And good gawd those vanilla npcs are fugly.

Edited by KurganSPK

I am running the game fully maxed out with a stellar 60 FPS performance with a GTX 980, so...

did you make any tweaks or got this perf "right out of the box"?

Absolutely 0 tweaking. Clicked PLAY, the game's auto-detect put all settings cranked to MAX and started playing. Absolutely 0 issues.

Here's a good topic on Steam with different PCs that work without issues :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/312265327167907700/

I'm currently working on troubleshooting this one for me.... Titan X and 3930k. Both on custom water and OC'd the snot out of. Something I have noticed so far is at some points outside, the GPU and CPU utilization drops no almost nothing and the frame rate is a constant to 9 fps. Simply turning 90 degrees to the side and boom, GPU maxes out and up to 90+ FPS. 1440p ultra settings here. Did no changes to the settings or any ini... Simply started the game, auto-detected settings and boom, stutters. Some people mentioned turning god rays to medium, but that had no effect. I did test with the lowest possible settings and it did fix it, so my hunch is one of the graphical settings is giving it issues.

Odd, I think the issue might be related to water... My testing point is right outside Riverwood looking over some water since that is a spot I know the FPS is a constant 9. I tried to grab some screens but it looks like during the stutter, the water texture seems to "Smear" together.

Not sure if this kind of shows it but here are some screenshots I got of it... Take a look at the water in the bottom left corner.

Normal

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Am7-5qNQS34pgb9nqzzjJiAGinP5Qg

Smeared

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Am7-5qNQS34pgb9mFbctXL9im4JcZg

I'm currently working on troubleshooting this one for me.... Titan X and 3930k. Both on custom water and OC'd the snot out of. Something I have noticed so far is at some points outside, the GPU and CPU utilization drops no almost nothing and the frame rate is a constant to 9 fps. Simply turning 90 degrees to the side and boom, GPU maxes out and up to 90+ FPS. 1440p ultra settings here. Did no changes to the settings or any ini... Simply started the game, auto-detected settings and boom, stutters. Some people mentioned turning god rays to medium, but that had no effect. I did test with the lowest possible settings and it did fix it, so my hunch is one of the graphical settings is giving it issues.

I think my particular issue is related to the settings of my g-sync display. I upped the res to 2560x1440 and set my display to support g-sync in windowed mode and standard, and then set it on 144hz turbo mode - now I'm getting 90-100 fps on Ultra... seems solid but got to test some more. However, I ran through riverwood to whiterun and started a few fights and saw zero stuttering - rock solid at 99 fps in fraps.

Edited by KurganSPK