SkyrimSE what are your first thougths....

PeterMartyr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the original game in every conceivable way, and it's a shame that authors will gradually abandon development and support of their mods for it.

There's nothing special about the Special Edition, beyond getting a firsthand look at what it's like to have glaucoma.

Edited by phantompally76

looks better than the unmodded original

shadows are fixed

unfortunately thats where it ends,the original when modded is vastly better and already supported by your fav mods.

which makes me wonder......

why did they bother ?

is it a money grab ?

is it a free tester base for something in the works ?

didnt cost me anything,and decided to play it anyway,but without my fav mods its getting boring really quickly.

a bit baffled as to how they expect it to sell at full price when the original with mods is so much better in every way ?

and ps....

if it was done for the players pleasure,why didnt they send the first 200 top modders a free copy long enough ago that they could have ported the best mods over sooner ?

Edited by rachealmac

shadows are fixed

unfortunately thats where it ends,the original when modded is vastly better and already supported by your fav mods.

why did they bother ?

is it a money grab ?

didnt cost me anything,and decided to play it anyway,but without my fav mods its getting boring really quickly.

a bit baffled as to how they expect it to sell at full price when the original with mods is so much better in every way ?

and ps....

if it was done for the players pleasure,why didnt they send the first 200 top modders a free copy long enough ago that they could have ported the best mods over sooner ?

This is just a cash grab for Bethesda. Just like most remasters lately.

On PC they can't charge money, when a modded Skyrim is much better than this remaster. And they do need PC players to make mods, otherwise, there won't be mods on consoles.

But on consoles, they can charge for the remaster. The old version on X360 and PS3 are a lot inferior and don't support mods. So this is the target for Bethesda.

shadows are fixed

why did they bother ?

is it a money grab ?

and ps....

This is just a cash grab for Bethesda. Just like most remasters lately.

On PC they can't charge money, when a modded Skyrim is much better than this remaster. And they do need PC players to make mods, otherwise, there won't be mods on consoles.

But on consoles, they can charge for the remaster. The old version on X360 and PS3 are a lot inferior and don't support mods. So this is the target for Bethesda.

ahhhhhh i see..thanks for that

seems pointless to continue with the SE version then.

back to original for me.

Man I forgot just how ugly the women were in Vanilla Skyrim, had a couple of CTD when I got to Riverwood and then went back towards Helgan, although I think it had something to do with the scene between the Stormcloak and his sister, once I let it play out it was fine.

I prefer the original game in every conceivable way, and it's a shame that authors will gradually abandon development and support of their mods for it.

There's nothing special about the Special Edition, beyond getting a firsthand look at what it's like to have glaucoma.

Unfortunately, my first impression as well. The exterior environment looks like smoggy Los Angeles. I'm not shocked because it looked that way in the trailers as well but I was hoping the game would be a lot better than the trailers. Skyrim is beautiful, even with all its many faults. Now it looks more like I'd imagine the FO environment would look like after a nuclear event.

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/articles/health_tools/most_polluted_cities_slideshow/getty_rm_photo_of_traffic_jam.jpg

The ground cover is much improved though, and that certainly adds to making wilderness more real. Just keep your eyes on the fauna, folks, because the environment is permanently dirty yellow and fogged up. Shadows much improved.

I don't have a top notch gpu nor the best monitor, maybe its my fault. :nuke:

I agree the ground cover is improved. I hope someone manages to reverse engineer some of those 4gb worth of textures into the original game, at half resolution.

Maybe my opinion of the SE will change if/when authors like Gamwich optimize everything for performance. But for now, increased stability means nothing with decreased performance.

Edited by phantompally76