SkyrimSE what are your first thougths....

PeterMartyr

I dont know what it is that people dont get. Of course old Skyrim plus 200 mods will look better than SE. The plan was just to give us 64bit and DX11 support.

That's also why we get it for free. If someone pays for SE, its because they never got Skyrim in the first place so they are not being shafted for paying for the full game + all DLC.

I'm just happy that it being a DX11 game it will finally see my 8Gb of VRAM.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks better than the unmodded original

shadows are fixed

unfortunately thats where it ends,the original when modded is vastly better and already supported by your fav mods.

which makes me wonder......

why did they bother ?

is it a money grab ?

is it a free tester base for something in the works ?

didnt cost me anything,and decided to play it anyway,but without my fav mods its getting boring really quickly.

a bit baffled as to how they expect it to sell at full price when the original with mods is so much better in every way ?

and ps....

if it was done for the players pleasure,why didnt they send the first 200 top modders a free copy long enough ago that they could have ported the best mods over sooner ?

They didn't even allowed the press that does their marketing to get copies earlier, and they will let the modders out of their good heart ?

Just did a little test to find how stable this game can be.

I set the uGridstoload at 13, started the game, loaded a save and it didn't crash.

I know I don't have a lot of texture and geometry mods to saturate the game engine, but it's still nice to see the game holding ugrids at 13 with no sweat.

It runs very fluid, but if i turn off my Grass Mod and ENB on original Skyrim, it runs fluid too, so.....

I like the DoF and the godrays, but thats mostly it. I could not believe that the textures are still so bad and not nearly as good as Skyrim 2k HD Mod, wich is essential basic for Skyrim. Fortunately, adding the texture overhauls to Remastered Skyrim works fine, so i have a combo of Skyrim HD 2k and Noble Skyrim now, together with some of gamwichs rustic mods and it works well so far.

Demoniac Texture Pack /Real + SG Version) and Better males for the characters - check. A first nice Reshade that was uploaded today - check.

Now it is ok to look at. But i really want to have a good ENB for that game, that fixes lighting and shadows (shadows are WAY better than in default skyrim, but still suck)

Worst thing is still the lighting. Bright orange shine on my character near a campfire in bright daylight. Ugly as hell.

Have to try RLO or ELFX but im not sure if those will work with remastered.

And at least SKSE is essential. I will be patient as good as i can. But it MUST come. It must.....

People are ugly for sure.

Scenery though, is beautiful. View distance is much much better.

FPS smooth.

Running just 1 mod (underground bathhouse for the weapons/armor. Bathhouse itself, well, no floors. oops) :D

Will have to see how it goes once SKSE/SkyUI etc come out.

This is what I was able to do so far.

No being able to use LOOT, and having to order mods manually sucks....

I never liked LOOT, it always f*#@ed up my load order. With some basic knowledge and logical thinking, sorting manually is eays. Well ok, took me about ne year to get my load order and modlist stable at least. :)

What grass mod do you use in those screenshots? Verdant? I use verdant, together with Flora Overhaul, but it does not look that good.

After testing SE much more i have to say, it is still ugly as hell. Lighting gotta be fixed, that orange tint is disgusting, ENB has to update, SKSE needed. I will go back to my old skyrim for now and wait a few weeks to see whats coming.

About performance..... after adding verdant Grass, Noble Skyrim and Skyrim Flora Overhaul, the FPS went down to 50-55 in some areas around riverwood, with a GTX970, i7 3.5 GhZ and 8 GB Ram.

Ground cover seems good, more dense. Lighting is good (excluding the tint) not much to say about it really.

This release is mostly a visual, performance and stability upgrade; everything else about it is vanilla. Once the mods start rolling in it'll get better. That being said its an important upgrade, again: dx11, x64 should make a difference, we'll see.

Sticking to the original for now mainly for the gameplay mods.

This is what I was able to do so far.

No being able to use LOOT, and having to order mods manually sucks....

I never liked LOOT, it always f***ed up my load order. With some basic knowledge and logical thinking, sorting manually is eays. Well ok, took me about ne year to get my load order and modlist stable at least. :smile:

What grass mod do you use in those screenshots? Verdant? I use verdant, together with Flora Overhaul, but it does not look that good.

After testing SE much more i have to say, it is still ugly as hell. Lighting gotta be fixed, that orange tint is disgusting, ENB has to update, SKSE needed. I will go back to my old skyrim for now and wait a few weeks to see whats coming.

About performance..... after adding verdant Grass, Noble Skyrim and Skyrim Flora Overhaul, the FPS went down to 50-55 in some areas around riverwood, with a GTX970, i7 3.5 GhZ and 8 GB Ram.

I'm using Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Verdant and unique ground grasses and ground covers.

Edited by winj3r