Older Mods that work in SE

Xainia

Hmmmm... there IS a version of SkyUI that actually works in the new system.

I have it working and maybe (just maybe but doubtful ??) it has something to do with the UFO follower mod working??

If you feel up to it, try installing the 2.2 version of SkyUI (guess that version doesn't rely on SKSE)

And if it still doesn't work, at least you will have a somewhat functioning SkyUI system.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help though.

Thanks SKYUI 2.2 worked for me as well, much better than vanilla. I just loaded up Seductress Serana and it works for Serana perfectly, have seen the Mom yet, but if one is ok so should the Mom.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more that worked:

A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads - Don't think I could do without this map remodel !

A Very HAPPY Surprise - a follower mod that I just can NOT live without (even though its an old one):

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul (Downloaded the Ultimate Follower Compatibility Version)

Although with this one I had to "unzip" the file, then using the BSAOPT program, I unzipped the BSA, then put the loose files back into a zip file.

Then manually installed it in the Nexus Mod Manager - and it worked!!!

For those that are looking for a male follower, was happy that Shoe Comes follower works!

Maybe because it was a "stand alone" follower - and did not have a BSA file....??

And finally for today, it appears that Skyrim Better Roads works as well.

Hope this helps make Skyrim SE a bit more enjoyable.

Have fun!

UFO doesnt work this end

Hmmm.. worked for me and I am by no means an expert in modding.

Did you use the BSAOPT program to open the BSA file?

After you get the loose files you have to delete the BSA file afterwords (sorry didn't mention that)

Then pack the loose files (including the esm file) into a zip or archive file and load it into Nexus Mod Manager.

Let me know if this helps although possibly you have another mod that is interfering???

did it exactly as you did,but menus just dont show up,i have tried a few follower mods and none of them have worked yet.

some stop the game starting,others just leave the follower frozen,

i got too used to skyui ..knew i shouldnt have done that :wink:

I have it working and maybe (just maybe but doubtful ??) it has something to do with the UFO follower mod working??

If you feel up to it, try installing the 2.2 version of SkyUI (guess that version doesn't rely on SKSE)

And if it still doesn't work, at least you will have a somewhat functioning SkyUI system.

thanks anyway

skyui 2.2 doesnt have the functions i want,its the groups i want,fast armour and item switching was great

Some more that worked:

A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads - Don't think I could do without this map remodel !

A Very HAPPY Surprise - a follower mod that I just can NOT live without (even though its an old one):

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul (Downloaded the Ultimate Follower Compatibility Version)

Although with this one I had to "unzip" the file, then using the BSAOPT program, I unzipped the BSA, then put the loose files back into a zip file.

Then manually installed it in the Nexus Mod Manager - and it worked!!!

For those that are looking for a male follower, was happy that Shoe Comes follower works!

Maybe because it was a "stand alone" follower - and did not have a BSA file....??

And finally for today, it appears that Skyrim Better Roads works as well.

Hope this helps make Skyrim SE a bit more enjoyable.

Have fun!

UFO doesnt work this end

Hmmm.. worked for me and I am by no means an expert in modding.

Did you use the BSAOPT program to open the BSA file?

After you get the loose files you have to delete the BSA file afterwords (sorry didn't mention that)

Then pack the loose files (including the esm file) into a zip or archive file and load it into Nexus Mod Manager.

Let me know if this helps although possibly you have another mod that is interfering???

did it exactly as you did,but menus just dont show up,i have tried a few follower mods and none of them have worked yet.

some stop the game starting,others just leave the follower frozen,

i got too used to skyui ..knew i shouldnt have done that :wink:

thanks anyway

skyui 2.2 doesnt have the functions i want,its the groups i want,fast armour and item switching was great

Will have to wait for SSKE to be update. I do miss SKYui, and hoping it will port over.

Mods I have tested :

Textures / models :

Noble Skyrim HD (has a patch for SE)

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

AmidianBorn Armors

Improved NPC Clothing

AmidianBorn caves and mines

Bijin NPCs

Bijin Warmaidens

TreesHD Skyrim

Verdant 2.2

MrJohnsons's Realistic HD Tree LOD textures

Wet and Cold

Ultimate HD Fire Effects

Magic Cards Font

Lighting :

Realistic Lighting Overhaul

Enhanced Lights and FX Interiors

(I also use a Reshade preset, dont have the name)

Gameplay :

Better Stealing

Warmer Magic Lights

DIverse Dragons Collection

Immersive Patrols

Immersive Sounds Compendium

Point the Way

Revenge of the Enemies

Skyrim Realistic Archery

SkyTEST - Realistic animals and predators

Stealth Skills Rebalanced

Violens - A killmove mod

Last but not least, a mandatory mod for me :

Sensible Hardcore Compass mod ! (removes undiscovered locations, quest markers, and enemy red dots on compass)

This one is a BSA so I used a BSA unpacker, and dropped the files in the Data folder. Works like a charm.

EFF 3.5.5 (the last version that didn't requires SKSE) works perfectly.

Has anyone found a texture replacer for skin that works yet? I hate the fugly vanilla skin textures on all the NPCs. I tried Mature Skin, but got CTDs when I installed it. I do remember reading that many texture packs will need to be edited before they will work in SSE, I gues that is one of them.

EFF 3.5.5 (the last version that didn't requires SKSE) works perfectly.

Has anyone found a texture replacer for skin that works yet? I hate the fugly vanilla skin textures on all the NPCs. I tried Mature Skin, but got CTDs when I installed it. I do remember reading that many texture packs will need to be edited before they will work in SSE, I gues that is one of them.

CBBE also works. Use the skinny option, and it should be fine.

The vanilla clothing/ armor replacer for it seems to also work fine.

Body Slide, not sure if it does or not. It does not in the race menu, and have not tried it through it.

I have not check the other body replacers, but I do know this is being updated.

Thanks. I'll also add to the list:

Works good:

Rustic Clothing

Superior Lore Friendly Hair

Jade Knight Armor

Vampire Armor Retextures

Queen of the Damned-Deadler Serana

Not so good:

Project Parallax- sort of works. Some textures looked good, but I had purple textures on bridges and some walls. So, I'm going to say no-go for now.