SSE ENB in doubt

SMB92

Anyone found a skin SSS Shader for Reshade yet?

Best way to find out whether SE Skyrim can match up to Skyrim is by testing.

I've managed to get about 25% of the mods I have on Skyrim (so far) to play nice with SE Skyrim and the best bit is the much improved stability in se skyrim.

Every 2 hours roughly in Skyrim it would crash to desktop. In SE Skyrim it only crashed when incompatible mods were installed but they were easy culprits to weed out and uninstall (due to the fact they were always last in the loading order.

The lighting system although subtle is a nice feature (yeah it should have been there from the beginning imo).

The only issue I'm having really is that there isn't an Mod Organiser version for SE Skyrim, the NMM can be very messy so it will be nice to see the rebuilt version when its done.

Edited by DarthSidious666

I'm actually starting to get used to gfx now, starting to love it as opposed to saying I would prefer the Vividian. I think with a darker night and dungeons mod I'd be absolutely happy as is.

I think it SE wont be like OG skyrim when it comes to mods.

OG will be better in that term, since it some modders did left or left modding forever.

just wait and see, se will be wayyy better, it already is , in my view.

i dont think i can go back, man it runs soo smooth, never a stutter, great wter, good lighting, wonderfull trees.

and...no need for a biggame machine, i run it well on a lappie 2.8 ghz with nvidia 950m...ofcourse some tweaking done , but it runs like butter.

I know what you mean.

But some mod of OG may never be ported.

That's fine. Beth are working on a new IP and confirmed TES6 isn't in development. That means (assuming a very short dev cycle of three years per game) we have a minimum of 5 more years before TES6 is released, most likely 6 or 7 years. It's been 5 years since Skyrim released and look how many mods there are. We've got at least all that time again for SSE, probably longer.

Many mods won't be ported, but many new mods will be created. The discussions in this thread are almost identical to the discussions that were going on when Oblivion and Skyrim launched.

"No point playing Oblivion. Modded Morrowind looks better! Modded Morrowind has dynamic shadows and 3D water waves! The grass moves as you walk through it!"

"No point playing Skyrim. Modded Oblivion looks better! Modded Oblivion has OBGE for ambient occlusion, depth of field, and gorgeous water reflections. And it has RAEVWD for insane distant object LOD!"

It's a constant cycle, and when TES6 is releasing you can be sure people will be claiming there's no point in it because modded Skyrim SE is the most beautiful and content rich game there is, ever was, and ever will be. For now, we have a 64bit engine, vast improvements to performance, hundreds of characters allowed on screen, rain occlusion, no z fighting, better water flow, gorgeous shadows, and some stunning volumetric lighting. That's a phenomenal base to build on, and you'll likely see mods for SSE that just won't be stable on old Skyrim.

ENB will probably come in time. Boris often goes back and forth on these things. Luckily we have ReShade 3 until then :)

Edited by Darkstorne