Skyrim Tips and Tricks

ZenMonkey47

This is a place to put all those pieces of information to succeed in the Skyrim. Possible spoilers ahead.

- Mix a potion to give yourself a bonus to enchanting (mix Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries and

Spriggan Sap). Drink potion enchant something to give bonuses to alchemy. Equip this and make another enchanting potion. Rinse and repeat until you have the most powerful alchemy gear.

After this, you can enchant smithing gear and mix fortify smithing potions (mix Blisterwort, Glowing Mushroom, Sabre Cat Tooth, and Spriggan Sap). Congratulations, you're more or less an unstoppable force.

- Become the Harbinger of the Companions. Ask one of the trainers (Aela the Huntress, Vilkis, Njada Stonearm, Farkas, Athis) to follow you. Train the desired skill, then ask to trade. You can take the coin you paid them back and train again (only 5 times per level, though).

Please note, you can't pickpocket training coins back.

- The cap for armor is 80% at 567.

- The cap for magic resistance is 85%. You can get magic resistance from; being a Breton (25%), Alteration perk (10% x3 for 30% total), the lord ritual stone (east of morthal 25%)and enchantment (rings, necklace, shield)

Edited by ZenMonkey47

Here's a Vampire trick I recently discovered. If you'd like to pass time (say, 3 days for shops to restock) without wanting to deal with the hassle of feeding in between, find a chair and sit in it and wait. I was able to get a full week's time to pass without the Vampire stage thing happening. I probably could have done it indefinitely.

I don't know if this tip/trick/exploit works on all sitting furniture (I haven't tried benches) but, if you own the house in Solitude, any of the chairs on the 2nd floor will work. And any of the chairs that are the same model found elsewhere in the game.

Mix a potion to give yourself a bonus to enchanting (mix Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries and

Spriggan Sap). Drink potion enchant something to give bonuses to alchemy. Equip this and make another enchanting potion. Rinse and repeat until you have the most powerful alchemy gear.

After this, you can enchant smithing gear and mix fortify smithing potions (mix Blisterwort, Glowing Mushroom, Sabre Cat Tooth, and Spriggan Sap). Congratulations, you're more or less an unstoppable force.

Exploit - breaks the game. The number 1 reason people say SKyrim is easy. Don't do this if you don't want to 1-shot every living thing. No, it isn't fun at all.

- Become the Harbinger of the Companions. Ask one of the trainers (Aela the Huntress, Vilkis, Njada Stonearm, Farkas, Athis) to follow you. Train the desired skill, then ask to trade. You can take the coin you paid them back and train again (only 5 times per level, though).

Works on the Alchemy trainer in WHiterun as well. A very good way to get Alchemy to 75, and pickpocket to 100. I reccomend a few +15% chance of pickpocket items. I had 1 ring and 1 amulet by the time I first hit Whiterun. Always found it ironic the people I stole from, had this. 10 minutes later I had 100 picpocket and 75 Alchemy.

Mine:

- If you sprint into people, they will stop their current dialoug. This makes long talks very short, by bumping into whomever talks. Very good if this is your second, or 5th, time through the game.

- Pick up every plant you see. Alchemy is the best all around skill in the game, yet very hard to level!

- Giant Toe + Creep Cluster ( I think) + Wheat gives a potion worth 600-5k. If you max out alchemy, with perks, and use the exploit, you can get 4k-5k gold for it.

- There is an even bigger exploit than the one outlines above. Restoration buffs potion as well. you can now hit infinite ammout of damage. 100 000 damage and a million heath. This is not fun at all, but I'll throw it out there.

- You can easily hit 2k gold and about 30 iron ore very early in the game, after escaping Helgen, by picking up everything and heading into the first mine you find on your way to RIverwood. If you then get the spell to make iron into silver, and silver into gold, you can earn some nice cash. Or you can level smithing to dwemer stuff.

- the Destruction perks augment fire, frost, shock modify how much elemental damage you can enchant on your weapons. If you max this out, you can easily outclass traditional destruction spells with the elemental damage on your enchanted weapons. :laugh:

- If you need daedric hearts for making daedric armor/weapons, there are a few places. Enthir from the Mages College sells two (at around 500 gold each), there's 1 on a tray you can steal in Kodlak's room in the Companions area, you can pick up 3 in Azura's star quest, there are 2 that respawn in Dagon's shrine (after you complete the mythic dawn museum quest)

- Head to the Ironbind Barrow to quest for the Battleaxe of Fiery Souls, disenchant this for a special enchantment that does 10 fire damage as well as casts soul trap.

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/2/2a/Ironbind_Barrow.jpg

Max out your Enchanting tree for the 2 enchantments per item perk.

Enchant each piece of armor for 25% reduction in Destruction Spells, 25% reduction in Restoration Spells (Or any other two you want)

Enjoy free spellcasting ftw. Especially the top tier Lightning Beam of Death, which you can now cast non-stop.

When exploring draugr-infested areas (like barrows, crypts e t.c.) there are lots of "sleeping" draugrs (the ones that lie in the niches and "wake up" once you passed them (or hit them)) - always kill them in the stealth mod. Firstly, it allows you to level-up sneak fast, secondly, a bigger chance you kill it in one hit.

An interesting thing, especially for vampire-style characters: at Silent Moons Camp (northwest from Whiterun, one of the places where you need to kill bandits for the jarl of Whiterun for bounty) there's a Lunar forge. Iron and steel weapons that are crafted there automatically get a Lunar enchantment - additional damage when moons are out. Also useful to earn money if your character is poor enchanter.

Visit Halted Stream camp north of Whiterun (you get there if you take quest from redguard Amren to retrieve his sword). There are 15 iron ore veins and a Spell tome: Transmutation to convert iron ore into gold ore.