Remove same sex marriage?

Xphen

Eh I wouldn't call him a homophobe, so he doesn't want every guy in Skyrim hitting on him, I wouldn't either. Doesn't mean we're afraid of homosexuals or anything.

Hell I'd find it weird if every woman in Skyrim did the same thing.

I do have to agree, though, take the amulet off until you want to pick someone up. A mod would be redundant, but it's bound to get made.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very much in favor of playing the game however one wants to, and using (and requesting) any mods they deem fit. In fact, I tend to get my nose out of joint when I see people shoot down a mod request for what I perceive to be knee jerk reactions, which I freely admit is a knee-jerk reaction of my own.

While it seems to me that obvious solution to the OP's original desire is what everyone has suggested many, many multiple times (being "Take off the **** amulet"), a mod of this nature *could* actually have some educational value as far as finding ways to make gender specific stuff, a Black Widow/Lady Killer perk à la Fallout comes to mind, but there's other interactions that may be useful. Maybe a sword only women can use, I dunno.

Just remove the "god dammed" amulet. My char puts it on only when he/she sees someone he/she wants to marry.

Ohhhh! This give me the idea of a joke mod! Too bad the CS isn't out yet: I'd give a mixed threesome to the op :P

Eh I wouldn't call him a homophobe, so he doesn't want every guy in Skyrim hitting on him, I wouldn't either. Doesn't mean we're afraid of homosexuals or anything.

Err..this is not accurate: npcs don't hit on you when you wear the amulet, it's the other way around: you can ask them to marry you. It's an option you chose to use or not, just like in real life!

Hell I'd find it weird if every woman in Skyrim did the same thing.

Now you're contradicting yourself as the game reacts the same to both genders...

How am I getting called a homophobe if I'm trying to get rid of things related to them?
The anwser is in the question...I shouldn't have to explain this to you. This option does not take anything away from you either.

While it seems to me that obvious solution to the OP's original desire is what everyone has suggested many, many multiple times (being "Take off the **** amulet"), a mod of this nature *could* actually have some educational value as far as finding ways to make gender specific stuff, a Black Widow/Lady Killer perk à la Fallout comes to mind, but there's other interactions that may be useful. Maybe a sword only women can use, I dunno.

If meant from a game point of view: this is already in the game. I completed the Dibella quest and now get a 10% extra damage on opposite sex, much like in FO3...I still fail to see the educational part of it though.

I think, at least the first couple of posts, reacted to the previous subtitle of this topic that the moderators have removed now.

Just look at the contributions of Divayth Fyr. Notable gay wizard known for phallic towers and powerful, throbbing spells!

I beleive he was actually incestious, not gay... Though since his Daughters/Wives were actually Corprus Clones, maybe it was external masturbation? Ah well, the guy was 4000 years old, he had to find SOMETING to keep things interesting...

Oh goodness gracious... Really really bad image... Also reminded me of the Saturday Night Live skit 'The Ambiguously Gay Duo' *shivers*.

Back on topic now; I know that these characters are suppose to represent people, but they're not people. They're just 1's and 0's piled together in a three dimensional matrix displayed on your screen. Hell, male actors *were* missing their entire midsection under the rags until someone modded it in. Don't let the virtual world get to you, if you feel like something should be changed remember that you or someone either sharing your insight or being payed can always change it. Unfortunately, the CK isn't out yet and such changes are not all that easy without Bethesda's tool.

And for those trolls calling him a homophobe, just quit it. I don't want to get into the politics surrounding these movements, but some people prefer to not have their face rubbed in by homosexual themes. Some people feel that since heterosexual people don't rub their 'heterosexualness' in other's faces, that homosexuals shouldn't do it either. It's not that he's scared or afraid of them, it's just that the majority of the heterosexual group just really wants to live in their conformed, normal world and nothing is wrong with that.

And for those trolls calling him a homophobe, just quit it. I don't want to get into the politics surrounding these movements, but some people prefer to not have their face rubbed in by homosexual themes. Some people feel that since heterosexual people don't rub their 'heterosexualness' in other's faces, that homosexuals shouldn't do it either. It's not that he's scared or afraid of them, it's just that the majority of the heterosexual group just really wants to live in their conformed, normal world and nothing is wrong with that.

Heterosexual people do rub their sexuality into people's faces, though. They're doing it all over this thread. You're doing it, by saying that there's nothing wrong with straight people reacting negatively to even the slightest hint of something gay in their perfect straight world.

I'd really love not to have heterosexual themes rubbed in my face everywhere I look, but that's not considered acceptable by the vast majority of straight people. Allowing gay marriage in Skyrim was a wonderful thing for Bethesda to do - but all the married NPCs are straight. That's not exactly rubbing homosexuality in your face.

To avoid seeing homosexual themes in Skyrim, all you have to do is never talk to an NPC of your character's gender while wearing a certain item that has no real purpose other than to facilitate marriage. To avoid seeing heterosexual themes, I have to... well, I have to refrain from playing the game. Or have my character hide out at home with her wife and never leave.

Not to be THAT guy... I have plenty of homosexual friends, and have been propositioned by several guys over the years (apparently actually having a sense of colour coordination is a sign of being gay?) but Hetrosexuality IS the norm. By that, i mean the reproductive norm. There is no natural way for a homosexual couple to produce offspring. As such, biology clearly dictates normalicy, and as such what is more previlent. Reflecting that in a game is hardly rubbing it in your face...

Not to be THAT guy... I have plenty of homosexual friends, and have been propositioned by several guys over the years (apparently actually having a sense of colour coordination is a sign of being gay?) but Hetrosexuality IS the norm. By that, i mean the reproductive norm. There is no natural way for a homosexual couple to produce offspring. As such, biology clearly dictates normalicy, and as such what is more previlent. Reflecting that in a game is hardly rubbing it in your face...

I'm sure your gay friends would be delighted to know that they're being brought up in an online argument for the purpose of putting down and trying to silence a gay woman.

Heterosexuality is the norm, yes. Just as being white and male is the norm in a lot of places. That doesn't make any of those things better, or more right. Gay people do exist - and reflecting that, by adding the possibility (not even the mention unless it is specifically sought out) of a gay relationship, isn't rubbing anything in anyone's face.

But having all preexisting couples be straight is very much rubbing it in my face that I am a minority, that I am not "normal" or worth representing. I don't blame Bethesda for any of these things; cultural standards aren't their fault in the least. It's just the way things are.

Maybe I'm not one to talk, but I think that this is turning out to something that belongs to the debate section of this forum. Let's not try to stray from the main topic, the request.

Although I originally reacted myself, majorly on the now removed thread title, I can understand myself that it might weird someone else of the same gender starts hitting on you out on the streets... Not the usual occurrence for me at least, even when you are as good-looking as I am ;)