⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Nexus Mod Manager : Plugins don't work

coldplay_ftw

Hello, I have downloaded Nexus Mod Manager, and a couple of mods that need to be activated manually in the "plugins" tab. The problem is that none of the "esp" that I manually activated, work in-game.

• None of my plugins work

• All esp files are located here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data

• Do I have to manually check each plugin every time I play Skyrim? Or is there a way for them to be pre-activated when I start Nexus Mod Manager?

For the solution, scroll down to Dragazhar's comment.

Edited by coldplay_ftw

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it might be a Windows UAC issue because you have Steam installed in a WIndows protected folder ( Program Files (x86) ). Try running the NMM as Adminstrator (and see if your settings stick. I would suggest you move Steam out of the Program Files folder to prevent any UAC issues in the future.

Hello, thank you for your reply, unfortunately it did not work.

I put the whole folder on my desktop. Then I changed the Skyrim Directory in NMM. Whenever Skyrim's Launcher comes up. I press "Play" making the window blink it failed to run TESV.exe.

Edited by coldplay_ftw

when you load Skyrim .. the first window.. is the word DATA greyed out? If so.. you need to add a line in the skyrimprefs.ini file. Find it .. loc for me is <user name> /documents/my games/skyrim folder. Open with notepad and scroll down to where you can see [launcher]. Written there should look something like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=4

bEnableFileSelection=1 <---- important one here as this command allows for the selection of esp files to be loaded.

Once this is done the word DATA in the launcher screen should no longer be greyed out. No need to use that yourself. NMM will do the work for you after that..

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I have been having the same issue with nexus mod manager unchecking my esp's upon running skyrim. I have tried adding the line to the skrimpref.ini and that took care of the greyed out data files, but when I click data files nothing appears in the data files window. I have tried to load loose files and I have tried running skyrim in different ways, but the mods just deactivate themselves. All I can get to work are textures and interface changes, but if it has an esp it fails to stay activated. If someone could please help I would greatly appreciate it.