Nexus Mod Manager : Plugins don't work

coldplay_ftw

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have a similar problem. See earlier all the mods were working. But then they all just stoped at once. I tried everything to fix it, then I finally looked at the plugins thing, rather than the actual mod. None of the check boxes even showed up. I uninstaled and redownloaded EVERYTHING! Skyrim, steam, nexus mod manager, the mods. Got it all back. Still having the same problem. PLEASE HELP! All I need to know is. How to make the plugins check box appear. That way it enables it. Once again, just to make sure there is no confusion. That's in the nexus mod manager, the plugin section, NOT the actual mod section. I don't know if this is REALLY considered related to the topic, but I need help, and I don't know where else to turn.

Have you tried clicking on the check boxes?

NMM only automatically checks them if you installed the mod through NMMs Mods page.

If you un-checked them for some reason,

For example, clicked on the disable all active mods) it will not automatically check them back.

OR, reinstalled NMM and did not remove the mods first - the mods on the plugins page are pulled from the game load order and not from the NMM Mods page. When the NMM mod is installed - it puts the mod into the game data folder (NOT the in game data list - although it will show up there) The game, and NMM both get the load order list from ...\users\Yourusername\appdata\local\gamename\plugins.txt which is created by the game and not NMM

If the mods are on the plugins page, and are not checked, they are installed, but flagged as not to be used. If you want to use them, you have to check them.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest deleted20031484

Hello, since 3 Days i have the Same Problem. Played Skyrim, everything work fine.

then next day satrt game and it disabled all plugin files from the launcher menu.

my ini file looks like this already:

bShowAllResolutions=0
uLastAspectRatio=4
bEnableFileSelection=1

then when i check all files in the Data Section from the Skyrim launcher mneu, and then use mod manager and just install only ONE mod, then back in the skyrim launcher data section ONLY this last installed mod from NMM is activated, and all others unchecked again. O.o

I work since 3 days to figure out the problem. and nothing helped.

When i check all plugins in the Launcher and start skyrim then i know it will crash, skyrim only Crashes at start, before you see a Main Menu, when you have Plugins loaded which need other plugins to run.

I mean if you ise a Mod, and this mod uses another plugin to run, then you have to change the load order, the needed plugin over the other plugin to load both, and dont get a CTD.

And thats the thing, everytime when my Skyrim launcher unchecks all plugins, i need like 30 Minutes to sort ALL plugins like i have sorted them on my Nexus Mod Manager. :((

and then aain, i install only one plugin in NMM, and in Skyrim Launcher all disabled again.. -.-

ALso i can tell you, it happens agter i installed some mods.

seems like my load order from NMM works with Skyrim launcher.

till i install special mods and then the Loading order in Skyrim launcher is... zero, i mean everything unchecked.

:(

And in users/appdata/... this skyrim plugin.txt has the same loading order as the Skyrimn Launcher.

Seems like my Nexus Mod Manager dont replace the Loading order ... :(

all all so confusing... :/

:*(

• 7 months later...

when you load Skyrim .. the first window.. is the word DATA greyed out? If so.. you need to add a line in the skyrimprefs.ini file. Find it .. loc for me is <user name> /documents/my games/skyrim folder. Open with notepad and scroll down to where you can see [launcher]. Written there should look something like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=4

bEnableFileSelection=1 <---- important one here as this command allows for the selection of esp files to be loaded.

Once this is done the word DATA in the launcher screen should no longer be greyed out. No need to use that yourself. NMM will do the work for you after that..

Hope this helps.

you're awesome <3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, since 3 Days i have the Same Problem. Played Skyrim, everything work fine.

then next day satrt game and it disabled all plugin files from the launcher menu.

my ini file looks like this already:

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=4

bEnableFileSelection=1

then when i check all files in the Data Section from the Skyrim launcher mneu, and then use mod manager and just install only ONE mod, then back in the skyrim launcher data section ONLY this last installed mod from NMM is activated, and all others unchecked again. O.o

I work since 3 days to figure out the problem. and nothing helped.

When i check all plugins in the Launcher and start skyrim then i know it will crash, skyrim only Crashes at start, before you see a Main Menu, when you have Plugins loaded which need other plugins to run.

I mean if you ise a Mod, and this mod uses another plugin to run, then you have to change the load order, the needed plugin over the other plugin to load both, and dont get a CTD.

And thats the thing, everytime when my Skyrim launcher unchecks all plugins, i need like 30 Minutes to sort ALL plugins like i have sorted them on my Nexus Mod Manager. :sad:(

and then aain, i install only one plugin in NMM, and in Skyrim Launcher all disabled again.. -.-

ALso i can tell you, it happens agter i installed some mods.

seems like my load order from NMM works with Skyrim launcher.

till i install special mods and then the Loading order in Skyrim launcher is... zero, i mean everything unchecked.

:sad:

And in users/appdata/... this skyrim plugin.txt has the same loading order as the Skyrimn Launcher.

Seems like my Nexus Mod Manager dont replace the Loading order ... :sad:

all all so confusing... :/

:*(

your having the same problem as me.

Have you tried clicking on the check boxes?

NMM only automatically checks them if you installed the mod through NMMs Mods page.

If you un-checked them for some reason,

For example, clicked on the disable all active mods) it will not automatically check them back.

OR, reinstalled NMM and did not remove the mods first - the mods on the plugins page are pulled from the game load order and not from the NMM Mods page. When the NMM mod is installed - it puts the mod into the game data folder (NOT the in game data list - although it will show up there) The game, and NMM both get the load order list from ...\users\Yourusername\appdata\local\gamename\plugins.txt which is created by the game and not NMM

If the mods are on the plugins page, and are not checked, they are installed, but flagged as not to be used. If you want to use them, you have to check them.

On mine they all are checked, but loading skyrim disables them all, even the DLC.

• 4 years later...