ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How to fix incorrect load order in new CK?

I finally get the new CK, and the masters are instantly in the wrong order. ('Cause why not?)

The only fix I know is to use LOOT's Redate Plugins feature, but I can't get that to work, so I can't properly update one of my mods until I figure this out.

I was hoping someone either knows how to make LOOT work (supposedly it's possible) or how to do this manually.

I don't think LOOT can help anyway, I've re-dated the DLC ESMs manually and the CK still loads Hearthfires.esm before Dawnguard.esm :sad:

Maybe the CK has the same hard-coded load order bug that the game has (the USSEP team found it), wherein it seems to load the ESMs in the order it wants to regardless of what you tell it in plugins.txt :confused:

Scratch that, the order seems to have refreshed itself now, so re-dating the files yourself would seem to work.

BTW, I use the free Moo0 TimeStamp program to change the date and time.

Are you using the snapshot that has SSE working for it? Its here at https://dl.bintray.com/wrinklyninja/loot/ and look for the file named loot_0.9.2-140-g621eb49_better-update-checking.7z .... it will be close to the end, before the metadate validator files.

Looks like you solved half my problem. Unlike the one I downloaded yesterday, that one can detect the new game off the bat. Apparently, I downloaded the wrong file last time.

However, the option to Redate Plugins is greyed out. I can't click it.

I don't think LOOT can help anyway, I've re-dated the DLC ESMs manually and the CK still loads Hearthfires.esm before Dawnguard.esm :sad:

Maybe the CK has the same hard-coded load order bug that the game has (the USSEP team found it), wherein it seems to load the ESMs in the order it wants to regardless of what you tell it in plugins.txt :confused:

Scratch that, the order seems to have refreshed itself now, so re-dating the files yourself would seem to work.

BTW, I use the free Moo0 TimeStamp program to change the date and time.

I may have to try that.

Go Old School and delete the esm one a time & verified the cache with steam to redownload, Til you get the order you want. Practice makes perfect.

Newbies lol stop reinventing the wheel please, old hands already made it. And it works fine.

Edit

Don't forget to clean them again lol. Also when you upgrade SSEEdit you need to restore the esm and reclean them so get used to it, it not a chore it what we do.

Edited by PeterMartyr