Archmage title

Taedus

I read that if you do The Eye of Magnus quest you will become the new arch-mage but I don't really want to be arch-mage since my character is not a real mage. She's more a thief type with some magic skills and it wouldn't be believable for her. Actually I don't think it's believable at all since you're an adventurer who travels a lot and you're busy with saving Skyrim from dragons. Can you decline the arch-mage title and give it to Tolfdir?

Hopefully we - with the CS - can break this quest at the tail end and say, "Sorry, you must be 75+ in two magic schools before we can let you assume the title." That makes it a little more realistic.

Yeah, i hate the meaningless titles this game gives you. At the very least the titles should give you some more clout when you speak to people.

When someone during a quest tells me "Be careful! It`s pretty dangerous in there...``

I should be able to reply ``Lady, I`m the leader of the companions. I killed a dragon that EATS PLANETS by shouting at it. I am the archmage of the college of winterhold, I`m a ninja, I lead the thieves guild, and I assassinated the Emperor without any difficulty whatsoever even though he was surrounded by guards. I singlehandedly won the Stormcloak - Imperial war when it was in a stalemate. I`m pretty sure whatever is in that cave will be no trouble.``

Pretty much all the Guild Quest reward you throughout the questline instead of at the end. The journey is more important then the conclusion. I don't entirely disagree with this. For example the Dark Brotherhood gives you tons of cool items throughout the questline. Its not like you arent rewarded for being archmage. You just dont get anything extra. You still get to keep the 5-8 quest rewards for each of the College of Winterhold quests, as well as a extra house and the Staff of Magnus.

I have done all the guild quest on one character, but most of them were after I did the main questline, thus my Dragonborn duties were already fulfilled.

Its especially grand that you get all these titles for no reason at all and no one seems to credit you for it.

I think theres actually one guy in the thieves guild wich calls you "boss" every now and then but thats it...

Ulfric giving you all these fancy nicknames and no one actually calls you those...

Become Thane it will grant you some extra perks...?????? "I will inform the guards you are my new Thane so they wont treat you like common rabble". And what happens? You get treated like common rabble.

Atleast the housecarls know their place and how to address you... "My sword and shield are yours my Thane" ...Sort off! Many off times I entered one of my houses being asked what the hell I was doing there by some backwards housecarl sitting at the kitchen table stuffing his gob with bread and cheese.

The reward system in this game is non-existing period. Its a hoax, a mirage, a.... The most stupidest thing about this game!

Well, the NPC's just don't get that you are not limited to their strength...I laugh my ass of everytime a guard says: "Let me guess...someone stole your sweetroll!" I mean come on, a dragon coming if we call him, we can level dragons with ease (85% fire and ice resist :D) and manage EVERY organisation with real power in skyrim but they think there a people who steal our food?

Well anyway, the titles are merely for feeling proud of yourself, not to have those idiots suck up to you :D just take it and be over with it

Edit:Oh, well I'm german and don't have the english comments because of that, thanks for correcting me :)

Edited by Nyran

Well, the NPC's just don't get that you are not limited to their strength...I laugh my ass of everytime a guard says: "Let me guess...someone stole your sweets!"

Actually they say "Let me guess...someone stole your sweetroll."

I bring this up not to be a bozo but because sweetrolls play a significant roll in TES. It is an important "inside" joke.

Haha, I had fun reading all the comments here. I'm pretty sure someone can make a "Better quest roleplaying" mod and a "No more stupid comments about your skills mod" when the CS is out. It's kinda weird that some of the NPCs are telepathic. Once I got told "So you're a conjurer? Conjure me up some mead will you?" or "So you're the sneaky type?". I said "No I'm the friggin Dragonborn you fool...isn't it written in my forehead?"

I'd certainly download a well-made mod that made all Guildmaster or titled achievements like the Thieves Guild one, which is that you only get them after fulfilling certain other conditions. The idea xlr8films had was perfect really. The NPC's hardly have to be dicks about it either.

"For now the title of Archmage will remain open, but we have all agreed that if you, Dragonborn, were to hone your magical arts to a level appropriate for such a position, we would be honoured to confer the title upon you."

There. Done. If you want to be Archmage, raise two magic skills to a certain level. Makes more sense.