SSE and Papyrus

Bugnexus7

I've been perusing the forums here looking for information about any possible changes to the Papyrus engine in the Special Edition.

As is, script latency is my personal demon--I have the original game looking great, but as always, if I throw enough scripts in there they start tripping all over each other causing numerous issues.

My question is this...

Has anyone noticed any stability upgrades when it comes to SCRIPTS. Will SSE be able to handle MORE scripts once a SSE-specific version of SKSE is released?

To be entirely honest, I really have no interest in SSE unless it actually improves the scripting engine performance--all the other improvements I've already managed to incorporate into TESV through other means.

Another question, if I may (ok, two, really).

Are Havoc physics still tied to framerate, and is the script engine still tied to timescale?

Bug

Edited by Bugnexus7

Supposedly, it is the same. I haven't seen a confirmation whether actionscript version was updated, but tests so far show scripts working as normal.

One could assume that with DX11 the rendering core is much faster thus freeing up some CPU which could in turn reduce latencies, but then again Papyrus is.... Papyrus. Some claim 64 bit giving more memory helps but I don't see how that would improve Papyrus.

As far as Havok, I'm playing vanilla SSE, locked to 60fps, and I'm seeing Mammoth and Deer go flying up in the air more often than I'd like. I'm not sure what changed here, but the "new" vsync setting definitely locks the game to 60fps for me (120hz monitor, F4 vsync locks to 30fps). So at this stage I'm inclined to think bugs still exist.

Thanks for the info, SMB92.

From the perspective of a PC user of Skyrim, I am begining to think that SSE is nothing more than TESV with all the equivalent memory fixes that Boris, Sheson et al eventually equiped TESV with over the years.

Considering all the custom mods I have installed, the mods that are no longer supported, DLL-based fixes, etc, I think I'll be sticking with my current set up rather than starting from scratch.

Bug

You might under estimate the godsend of a renderer this engine carries. IMO, it easily doubles the draw call limit of the old engine, which is a massive plus (you can now run JKs Skyrim, ETaC etc without too much fear). But yes it's not without its sacrifices, especially in the shader dept.

Keep in mind, ENB memory fixes will not work with Win10. So SSE in 64 bit is also a godsend.

If you were to ask me what sort of performance boost papyrus has now though, to the best of my knowledge I would say between 10 and 15%. Someone like Chesko would be able to give a definitive answer though.

"Keep in mind, ENB memory fixes will not work with Win10."

I have no intention of ever migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (I firewalled Windows Update almost two years ago), so not an issue.

Bug