If you became the leader of your nation...

huntsman2310

@Huntsman

If you don't mind, one bit of constructive criticism ... the premise of this thread lacks one really important stipulation..that the theoretical leaders must abide by the laws and conventions of their respective countries. They should have to stick within the confines of what is legal and constitutional for their respective countries. Because at the moment a reasonable majority propose concepts that transgress the boundaries of what most executives are legally permitted to do. That is of course if you want this thread to have some basis in reality and not fantasy ruminations of proto dictators.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is the media has gotten powerful enough where they can sway public opinion to just about any direction they want to take it within reason, and slowly pick at peoples minds with propaganda until they have their opinions fed to them through a TV screen. This is something the founding fathers couldn't have seen or imagined in their time. Nazi Germany proved how powerful of a tool propaganda can be, and how people will essentially believe anything they hear on the radio or TV screen. Someone incredibly rich and powerful could easily have the means to control propaganda and sway public opinion with large amounts of money and resources. This is the biggest flaw in a Democracy. And all modern Democracies either are to this point or will be. The ones who can control the media in a Democracy are more powerful than any king, emperor or would be dictator could ever hope to be. With the advent of the internet, it makes it more difficult for one faction, or a handful to control the direction of the development of public opinion, because everyone has their own say on the internet. At least for the time being.

If i would become the "Leader", i would close nearly all departments. Exept for the Defense Department. And cut the taxes to a small 6 percent income tax.

The government has just to secure the borders and the staates and cities have(or can) keep a small police force to investigate crime. There will be no much need for police if drugs wouldn't been illegal and the people could onw guns to protect them.

Everything else can be private. People can live their life like they want.

As a Government YOU CANT DO ANYTHING, without stealing/taxing somebody. Get that in your heads.

Alright I'll add an important stipulation. Sorry to burst your bubbles would be Dictators and Despots.

What would you do as the leader of your nation. While retaining the current Government structure and philosophy.

Alright I'll add an important stipulation. Sorry to burst your bubbles would be Dictators and Despots.

What would you do as the leader of your nation. While retaining the current Government structure and philosophy.

No No No that doesn't work , what if the dictators and despots view the current structure and philosophy as being the thing that is broken .All your doing is locking them in and forfeiting any ideas that could be good or fix the structure. That's like saying we are going to have a football game but the field is going to have a 10% incline towards one end of the field.

The former makes sense but the latter could change and has in most countries over time. All I ever asked is that the proto leaders stick to the laws that leaders of their respective countries have to abide by.

Edited by Aurielius

I am from small Czech Republic ... I am just an ordinary guy with little bit smarter brain than others. Please guys, read some Einstein, Tesla or Hawking, watch 2001:Space Odyssey ... it is very simple. Goverment sucks balls in each country....do you think that here in the crazy EU it is different? It is friggin not.

There is no past. There is no future. It is just now....

And ...

W3 @r3 just 3n3rgy.

And ...

You cannot change the past. But you can do good for your future ....

Petr Kus

twitter aka p343t6

ps / imagination is stronger than information ...