NIF compatibility issues

Don't expect anything more since no one at niftools forum seem interested anymore! The latest version is crashing a lot . And for a 3ds max nif plugin update you can also forget about this.

Jonw is the only guy that care a bit since he update the latest version partially to get nif convert to new SSE.

The community desperately need a new Niftools coding hero or else it is the end of advanced mods for SSE.

Sorry if i sound negative but after fighting to do simple thing and getting no help from anyone this is becoming very frustrating since we would benefit greatly from the 64 bits architecture and the next elder scrolls game will only be release in 10 years!

Well I thank you for your response, you've been the most helpful regarding this. It's a shame though, especially knowing that Bethesda even remotely cares about the modders but yet do not do much in the way of support or tool development. Hopefully something will be set up soon because I modded for oldrim and I've got a lot of stuff to add to this one, and we're stuck with the inability to do anything. I just wish I knew how the other modders are doing it for SSE.

No problem mate i wish i could be the bearer of better news but i see how the niftools community is almost like a cemetery nowadays, i know what free mean but heck i wouldn't mind backing these guys on a kickstarter so they can get us the plugin we need and the nifskope features we want. Regarding porting stuff so far i didn't have too much problem but my main concern is having to do thing in so many software versions because this version doesn't do that correctly and this version is needed to do that and this version... Oh well i think you get the point.

I don't know what's happening either, but I've found success with at least some meshes. In the process of converting a few different oldrim meshes, for personal use, I've followed some information I've found on a few different forums, including reddit and afk mods. This works for some, but not for others. I don't know why.

I'm using nifskope 2.0.0 pre-alpha 6

Open mesh.

Spells > batch > triangulate all strips

Spells > batch > make all skin partitions.

*Change number of bones per partition to 60. (messages will vary)

Spells > batch > add tangent spaces and update.

Save.

Hope it helps somebody. If anyone would be willing to explain the process in a bit more detail, I too would like to learn more about it.

I saw somewhere that someone was about to do a detail video tutorial on this but i don't remember where.

This is quite frustrating. We are all hanging our hopes on a third party community, i.e NifTools when it really should be Bethesda that does something. They've really only done "half-a-job" with the creation kit since there is currently no Viable method of creating custom meshes, and importing them into the game engine.

Scattered reports of one or two people who have managed to make it work, but also who either don't really know how they did it, or aren't willing to share the information. I was actually going to write my own tutorial on it, since i have worked a method of getting meshes into the game but have since hit on major issues with creating collisions.

So my point really is that we should be leaning on Bethesda and asking them to finish the creation kit properly, OR at the very least update the Wiki to tell us how they did it themselves.

This is quite frustrating. We are all hanging our hopes on a third party community, i.e NifTools when it really should be Bethesda that does something. They've really only done "half-a-job" with the creation kit since there is currently no Viable method of creating custom meshes, and importing them into the game engine.

Scattered reports of one or two people who have managed to make it work, but also who either don't really know how they did it, or aren't willing to share the information. I was actually going to write my own tutorial on it, since i have worked a method of getting meshes into the game but have since hit on major issues with creating collisions.

So my point really is that we should be leaning on Bethesda and asking them to finish the creation kit properly, OR at the very least update the Wiki to tell us how they did it themselves.

Hi Thunderina,

Agree that not the ideal situation to be in currently but it is a generational problem also since nowadays people get excited about something only on the very short term, so keeping the interest up for a long period is asking too much from most people.

That why i think this would benefit if we can at least do some kickstarter to get features we need or plugin for various 3d package.

Regarding your problem i do not had any problem importing my custom 3d model since just have a look at this video i made about the rain occlusion feature, the tower in the middle of the river was my first custom model test i imported without any problem except i had to fix the path to bitmap.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4999795-rain-occlusion/

The only thing i did was to re saved my nif with the most recent nifskope version release by Jon and all was fine but the nifskope version tend to crash often when adding or removing shaders here the link in case you didnt grab it :

https://github.com/jonwd7/nifskope/releases

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I had a similiar if not the same issue.

I've ported a lot of the mods I like from oldSkyrim to SE one in particular (LadyKdCirclets) had most of the items displaying as pure black when worn.

Using NifScope, I found the solution was in the BSLightingShaderProperty block details.

First up, the Skyrim Shader Type was set as 'Hair Tint', it needs to be 'Default'

Next Shader Flags 1 needs to have SLSF1_Hair_Soft_Lighting unchecked.

Then Shader Flags 2 needed to have SLSF2_Vertex_Colors unchecked.

Note that it may be different tickboxes causing similar issues for other mods.

Hope it helps.

BB