UI running at different size to game resolution

for the life of me!! does someone know how to fix this????

The only way I solved it is by going into my oblivion.ini file and doing what this guy did:

Make sure your fDefaultFOV in Oblivion.ini is set to 75:

[Display]
fDefaultFOV=75.0000

Having it set to something else (usually higher) will cause the menus to be messed up like that. For example, that is, there might be other reasons. Also, that was quite the thread necro right there. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Im having this problem at the moment, tried resetting oblivion.ini, did not work. The resolution is correctly set there. Tried to reset fov to 75 in oblivion and oblivionreloaded.ini. Also did not work. Reinstalled the game, pretty much tried everything I can think of so far. I'm really at a loss here. I have to add that I played the game just perfectly fine with the exact same addons. But after I did the ingame command 'saveini' so my graphic settings wouldn't constantly reset when I restarted the game; the problem happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dennisbengel

Have you tried setting the FOV in OblivionReloaded.ini to 0 (to disable FOV changes from OR) and then setting the FOV to 75 in your oblivion.ini inside the My Games directory in your Windows user account Documents folder (not the oblivion_default.ini game folder)? Also, about the saveini and stuff: OblivionReloaded has a setting to prevent ini changes from being saved to disk, I cannot remember how it works, but there should be a toggle in the OblivionReloaded.ini to toggle that feature on/off. It will affect all setting changes that are stored in the ini if I remember correctly. Maybe turning it on or off could do something? Or not?

I only had FOV issues with older versions of OblivionReloaded myself, the latest ones work fine for me (no weird FOV being saved in the ini, etc.), so unfortunately that is all I could think of, that might be related to your issues. :( Good luck with solving it, though!

• 1 month later...

Many thanks, Contrathetix, for this solution. I had a similar problem (some windows - dialogue, inventory, etc. - seemed smaller than their contents, which was clipped and unintelligible, as well as wrongly positioned). Thanks to your tips I switched back to SaveSettings = 0 in OblivionReloaded.ini, made sure FOV in Oblivion.ini and OblivionReloaded.ini is the same (I'm not sure if it matters) and everything is back to normal.

No problem, happy to help! :thumbsup: According to either the OblivionReloaded documentation, or the OblivionReloaded.ini file comments (cannot remember which one at the moment) mentions (at least for the version I last checked) that setting the FOV value in OblivionReloaded.ini to 0 causes Oblivion Reloaded to not change the value of the FOV. Changing it to something else results in Oblivion Reloaded changing the value to that value in the ini (assuming it is within limits, I think there might have been some limits to the custom FOV value).

I need to check my FOV setup when I boot my gaming PC again when I find the time. From what I remember, the Oblivion.ini FOV value needs to be 75, but using Oblivion Reloaded, it is possible to use a custom FOV value by setting it in OblivionReloaded.ini and it should work without issues. At least if I remember correctly, I need to check it. :blush:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Still having this issue. FOV is 75..anyone have anything else?

After doing a lot of things and trying it out (lots of credit to Contrathetix) I finally was able to fix everything to the best of my abilities. Like Contra said, you have to go into your documents/my games/oblivion -> oblivion.ini and change the fov to 75. This has to be done regardless of if you have the steam version or not. This value has to be the same has your oblivion_default.ini if you have the steam version. Go to your c: drive and Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Oblivion to find the oblivion_default.ini. If you use reloaded, this value can be changed to anything as long as the original 2 ini files are 75. In reloaded if you have the save settings set to true, it will change your my games version of the Oblivion ini, so make sure you turn this off if you don't want to have to change your files constantly.

Edited by ShrillLuis

Hey I know this is quite a bit since the thread has died, but I have recently started another play through and hit the same problem.

I seem to have found a solution, although it is important to note there is a distinction between the "Oblivion.ini file in My Documents and the "OblivionReloaded.ini" in the game data folder. If you change the fDefaultFOV back to 75 in the "Oblivion.ini" file it looks to solve the problem.

This confused me as I did not modify that value at all, but it seems that when changing the "SaveSetting" to 1 in OblivionReloaded.ini it overwrote the FoV value in the "Oblivion.ini" file. I am not sure if this helps as well but i also changed the iSize parameters as follows as i play on a 1080 monitor:

iSize W=1920
iSize H=1080
EDIT: I apparently did not see the second page of this thread in which everyone found out the same thing I did. whoops
Edited by Draven9

• 8 months later...