UI running at different size to game resolution

Thank you so much, Contrathetix! Both my ui and loading screen - both modded - suddenly shrank. I was going crazy, uninstalling and reinstalling mods trying to figure out what went wrong. Looks like Oblivion Reloaded changed the fov to 90 in both ini files. Switched them back to 75, and Poof! Problem solved. Somebody should give you a medal.

• 1 month later...

for the life of me!! does someone know how to fix this????

Open your File Explorer (for Windows), then go to Documents > My Games > Oblivion, delete Oblivion.ini, Launch the game again, and it will generate a new Oblivion.ini witch should fix any broken configurations.

However in my experience, one of my mods keeps breaking Oblivion.ini again. I think the best way to circumvent this is to make Oblivion.ini read only. You won't be able to configure things like the video or sound settings (through the Oblivion launcher or in game) as the file is set to read only and oblivion cant write to Oblivion.ini.

To do this, acssess your Oblivion.ini go to properties, then tick the box that says "Read only"

Hope this helps.

Looks like Oblivion Reloaded changed the fov to 90 in both ini files. Switched them back to 75, and Poof! Problem solved.

This seemed to be the issue for me as well, thank you for pointing that out. I switched the FOV only in my Oblivion.ini then set it to read only.

Edited by Jaws382

Hi, try this. Deactivate all your OMODS in OBMM, If you have Wyre Bash, deactivate that also. Go to your My Save Games folder in your root, C:\Windows Documents folder, any saved games you want to keep, then save them to a new folder outside of My games, then delete the Oblivion folder. The game engine will give you a fresh one when you do the following. Crack up a new game with the genuine Oblivion shortcut, NOT THE OBSE ONE. From here select Ultra high settings and the resolution you prefer. Once inside the game set up any new throwaway character, you will get warnings that obse is not present, ignore that and save the game and exit. Go back to OBMM and reactivate your OMODs. If you use Wrye Bash as well, rebuild your bashed patch. Now start the game with your OBSE loader. The game and the UI should now be back in sync. Find your saved games and throw them back into the newly generated save game folder in C:\Windows\Documents\MyGames\Oblivion.

This is a start from scratch solution without feeling you have to uninstall everything! It's just a matter of getting it all to talk to each other. Just make sure that OBMM and Wrye Bash lists have the same load orders. Also Oblivion is infamous at saving corrupt saves! The trouble is with new processors the old game engine does not have the time to tell you so! If you load up a save game and it crashes within 30 seconds, you have a corrupt save. Delete that game and start trying previous saves till all is well.

Oblivion will crash now and again because it was hard 32bit coded on creation, it is 25 years old! It will creak and groan under new hardware power, just remember to save often. Also if you have a NVidia based graphics card you must use Oblivion reloaded version 7. It contains a file that corrects that problem, ENB NVidia 64 bit graphics boost also helps. I hope I can pass on a bit of this game knowledge!

regards, Clanranald21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks a lot for this solution, i'am going crazy. I think oblivion reloaded mod changed the Fov and setted it in 90.0000, i just changed the 90 for 75 in the ini that's in my documents > my games > oblivion, and i opened the oblivion and it's look like good again. Thanks again people.