Christmas Event mod

yariel

well, it's near Christmas and several place in Skyrim also snowing ...

why don't you make a mod for this occasion ? (I wonder if this also an intend from dev)

like ...

Santa request :

1. do a good thing (liberate fort, give certain amount of charity, giving a lot of ale to certain people)

2. sleep at certain town inn (in night)

3. get up in the middle of sleep and being awakened by NPC Santa that will grant you several wishes ...

- Food (get 10 amount for each type, uncooked one)

- Ingredient (get 5 amount for each type)

- metal (get 5 amount for each type, including Dragon Bone/Scales)

- special equipment (not really strong but have unique / funny enchantment, can't be disenchanted)

several new enemy :

Snowman, Imp, Will O' Wisp, etc ...

more "special" deer in snowing area ... red shining nose deer ?

(have one flawless gem / random if you kill it)

Crazy event on road (only in snowy area) :

meet Santa fighting Dragon ... Santa can fly too and use Ice Spell ...

(if you help him, he will give you something, cooked food)

Drunken Santa that might attack you and turn into Satan Clause ...

(it might drop dremora heart and human heart / skin, and have quite a lot of drink)

Special Santa Shop :

(in certain snowy area, your choose ... this is kind of random like Khajit camp ...)

sell uncommon thing that can't be found in most shop ...

(including cooked food or complete selection for drink)

^^ I wonder if this is too hard for request ... ^^

Edited by yariel

how many quest mods (not to mention quest modes with inserted complete new buildings/places/assets) have you seen for skyrim already?

Nothing wrong with your request, just it is the kind which need the Creation Kit (whatever the tool to do such things is called in each Bethesda games), anyway it would be hard to do in due time anyway.

But that is it, even if it may or may not be done as wanted or when wanted, the idea may contain the seed for good mods ahead, continue asking/requesting and giving ideas.

PS: maybe someone comes out with something like what you asked, even if in minor scale.

since Skyrim PC is famous being released 11.11.11, and it's snowing in plenty place ...

it's still good even if 6 month has passed ... heck, it might still great if it's already applicable in next year Christmas ... :thumbsup:

(of course if the dev already plan this far away, my request will goes null ...)

Don't get me wrong, it is that Creation Kit or CK is late, it is scheduled to be launched at January 2012 (let's keep hopes high). It is the tool that allows direct access to most game's resources. Without it could be possible to make a mod like you asked but hardly in due time and I dare to say, too much difficult at this point to be worthy the trouble.

Anyway, happy Christmas to you in advance :)

Edit: reviewing my previous post, it's first line may sound harsh what was not my intention. I apologize if was how I sounded.

Edited by nosisab

Reading this i was thinking, in time when the CK comes out,.(my computer should be good enough to play then xD) make certain different areas holiday oriented, so a place like Riften could be Halloween oriented all year around, Whiterun, Christmas oriented all year round. Etc...

Reading this i was thinking, in time when the CK comes out,.(my computer should be good enough to play then xD) make certain different areas holiday oriented, so a place like Riften could be Halloween oriented all year around, Whiterun, Christmas oriented all year round. Etc...

Lol. A civil war between Holidays. That'd be hilariously awesome.