Multiplayer DLC for skyrim

moreandmore

I'm hoping to get enough people talking about this that bethesda will take notice, get off their ass, and make a smooth well-made DLC product that enables online co-op in skyrim ( i know people are already working to mod this option into the game, but that presents issues such as incompatibility with new content, complex bugs that cannot be fixed by the modding community, etc). Ultimately I would like to see people start their own discussions on the subject to the point that it does become popular enough to motivate bethesda.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I would not pay for DLC that enabled online co-op. I do not wish Bethesda to go down this route and ruin a single player RPG series. It wouldn't work with a lot of mods. Etc. Etc.

I do hope Bethesda take no notice of this puzzling clamour for any kind of multiplayer in TES, There are plenty of other co-op and multiplayer games.

bethesda will never make skyrim multiplayer, period. just stop your pipe dream there in it's tracks. the lead developer, Todd Howard, said that TES games are best enjoyed as single player games, and will never be made (officially) multi-player.

You're best bet is to hope that http://www.skyrimonline.com gets further into development. As is, Skyrim Online is functioning... barely. You can see other people, but can't interact with them (other then chat).

Anyways, I'd def like a full featured 2-4 player coop, but I would HATE for this game to be made into another cookie cutter MMO. TES games aren't meant to be MMO, they are the true definition of ROLE playing. COOP would be cool to do some instanced dungeons with friends and show off your achievements / characters... but nothing more then that.

I'd MUCH rather have bethesda focus on fixing the plethora of bugs with the game, then work on getting us some unique gameplay expansion packs with MUCH longer / larger quest lines... and perhaps some new unique areas like Blackreach.

The way i see it? TES should never be multiplayer, ever.

Just because some cod-kiddies can't handle a game that's created for story (or lack of in skyrims case), doesn't mean it should be 'multiplayer'.

The problems with this are staggering, but hey, people are still going to try, it's just my two cents though :)

On a side-note, i am bummed that a popular mod 'Tytanis' is trying to implement 'multiplayer'. I like that mod, but i dont want the MP aspect of it :| looks like i'll have to either roll with it or abandon it completely, unless they have a non-mp version.

No, I would not pay for any such DLC. And I'd be heartbroken if they decided to divert development resources into that avenue, which they could instead spend on the single player experience.

That said, multiplayer over network is its own area of know-how, engineering ingenuity, and research for a reason! It's complicated, and opens up numerous new ways for any game to 'fail'. That is not a DLC-size project.

• 1 month later...
I would kill for a basic cross platform coop, basically you chose a option for launching skyrim online, and basically console is disabled, and you have to start a new character. So it wouldn't change the basic game at all. Pc players could use mods but it would check for matching mods. It would be beast, maybe an alternative quest line or the main quest disabled. It would be great, two of my best friends own skyrim, and I would love to be able to do a co-op db assassination with them. Like you pick out the targets at the same time. Or even thieves guild one person talks to the shop keeper and the other pickpockets them.

I would kill for a basic cross platform coop, basically you chose a option for launching skyrim online, and basically console is disabled, and you have to start a new character. So it wouldn't change the basic game at all. Pc players could use mods but it would check for matching mods. It would be beast, maybe an alternative quest line or the main quest disabled. It would be great, two of my best friends own skyrim, and I would love to be able to do a co-op db assassination with them. Like you pick out the targets at the same time. Or even thieves guild one person talks to the shop keeper and the other pickpockets them.