Cell de-renderer?

IxionInc

All right, so a lot of this is just off of speculation, but whenever I start up Skyrim, it runs perfectly and smoothly. However, whenever I travel a bit, to different towns and whatnot, it begins to slow down, and I get a severe FPS drop in areas such as in front of the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, or just outside of Dawnstar.

Again though, whenever I save in that area, and reboot Skyrim, it runs fine.

I assume this is because there are so many cells or areas loaded.

Is it possible to make some kind of mod that refreshes or unloads those areas after a set-amount of fast-travels/transitions?

IIRC there is a console command that clears those loaded cells.

You could make a bat file that does it and run the bat periodically, but I dont think there is a mod to do that regularly yet.

I imagine it wouldnt be too complex though. You could probably do it with the extended script engine.

IIRC there is a console command that clears those loaded cells.

You could make a bat file that does it and run the bat periodically, but I dont think there is a mod to do that regularly yet.

I imagine it wouldnt be too complex though. You could probably do it with the extended script engine.

What command might this be?

You want to hit the tilde key and type in pcb and hit enter. This will purge the cell buffer.

So it would be:

`, pcb, enter, `

Lol, getting a little pre-K on me?

All joking aside, I am most thankful for your insight. Hopefully this'll improve my gameplay a bit.