ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

What type of graphics card are you using?

I have a nVidia 8600gt with 512mb ram. After a clean re-install of the latest drivers it runs Oblivion almost on the higher settings (no bloom and HDR ofc). I crossed my mind to get a new one but i'm still happy with it.

I feel ya pain mate.....

Exactly the same.

My two GTX285's cooked themselves.

I am ashamed of myself. Its stupid though, I have a Thermaltake M9 case with 4 large case fans & water cooling....

Oh well, time to start saving again >:(

How is that possible?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what, the overheating?

Dont ask mate. I dont know.

First they started buzzing a bit, then they started whining & I turned the pc off.

When I turned it back on later they were not there according to the pc.

I took it into a computer shop and after a bit of evaluation, the guy said "The GPU's are dead. You overheated them past the exception point." with a puzzled look on his face.

A good advice for everybody, is never turn your pc off when gpu`s are overheated.

Turn off any games/applications immediately, but keep the pc running, thus

having all coolers running to cool down everything. That will save GPU´s and CPU´s

in the future.

what, the overheating?

Dont ask mate. I dont know.

First they started buzzing a bit, then they started whining & I turned the pc off.

When I turned it back on later they were not there according to the pc.

I took it into a computer shop and after a bit of evaluation, the guy said "The GPU's are dead. You overheated them past the exception point." with a puzzled look on his face.

Christ, the exception point is like 100C on some cards...what did you do? :P

Got my 5770, runs rather well, Oblivion runs smooth :D Crysis runs 30FPS solid with everything maxed to high (can't do very high don't have DX10 lol) @ 1920x1200 :) The boyfriend made me install the SP demo to see how awesome this card is :P He's jealous, he's got a 3870...he's trying to make me trade cards :P

That really sucks having two cards fry like that, i always like to have more cooling then i need, i still have my 2 9800gtx with 1gb ram still working after 2 years, amazing really :thumbsup: .

In wait for the nvidia 300gt to come, i hope it comes out soon :(

If it doesn't i might get a nvidia 295.

I have been forced to down-grade my rig to dual EVGA 9800GT GPUs. I cried all night, and am still quite heartbroken. Tomorrow night after I've had time to test the new setup (and cry some more) I'll post how well my rig is running.

Anyone have a tissue?