invisible/underground wires

Olsan

I think the OP is going to have to go with something along those lines, as I've been testing things for a few hours now and it doesn't seem as though splines support transparency in any compacity. With the 3D models the game uses, they store data within themselves saying if they do or do not use textures with an alpha channel. As splines aren't actually 3D models, there doesn't seem to be a way to alter this for them. You can give them a transparent texture and the game (And CK) just ignore the alpha data on it.

Why not create something similar to that of a Tesla Coil?

That's just visuals :D

But I suppose you could make a greatly simplified version of my concept: you have transmitters and recievers. a transmitter has a certain radius, and checks for recievers within it. It then distributes it's power either proportionally to the need of each reciever, or just attempts to give each of them a fixed value. If you need more power at a certain location, you will have to use multiple recievers. If the areas of two transmitters intersect, the recievers there recieve twice the power.