Skyrim SE CTD's or freezes completely

tkilleri

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have a normal CTD it just freeze while the background running i cant do anything just forcing my pc to reboot

Getting out of "exclusive mode" when a game freezes is a pain, but you shouldn't have to reboot. If you ctrl-alt-del then you should be able to just log off and log back in again.

If ctrl-alt-del does nothing either, then you have a hardware problem, it's not the game or the OS. In which case I'd say that either the CPU or GPU has tripped its thermal protection due to overheating.

But if this is actually a software problem, then the only way to resolve it is to check one mod at a time, as outlined above.

i dont have a normal CTD it just freeze while the background running i cant do anything just forcing my pc to reboot

Getting out of "exclusive mode" when a game freezes is a pain, but you shouldn't have to reboot. If you ctrl-alt-del then you should be able to just log off and log back in again.

If ctrl-alt-del does nothing either, then you have a hardware problem, it's not the game or the OS. In which case I'd say that either the CPU or GPU has tripped its thermal protection due to overheating.

But if this is actually a software problem, then the only way to resolve it is to check one mod at a time, as outlined above.

YEAH I KNEW THAT JUST HOURS AGO BUT STILL I CAN'T FIND THE PROBLEM I CAN'T TEST MODS ONE BY ONE CUZ I'VE 153 MOD INSTALLED AND THE CRASH MAY BE AFTER 10 MINUTES OR HOURS OF PLAYING NOW FOR SOME REASONS I'VE LOW FPS DUNNO WHY I MIGHT REINSTALL EVERYTHING MAYBE IT WILL WORKS THOUGH IT'S PAIN IN ASS... SRY ABOUT THE CAPS

Try downloading Elephant's latency script tester

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24124

I SAW IT YESTERDAY BUT DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT DOES THAT MOD DO AND WHEN I'LL FIND THE LOGS THOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ IT

I am monitoring this thread.

here's what i want every one to do. sort Loot, load SSE-Edit

select all, create a merged patch.

save it

tell me how many mod's are found to be in conflict with that patch. This will Identify all conflicting records regardless of Viability's. that 's the tool you use to find the issues.

Make sure any False flagged files are not loading---period.

I SAW IT YESTERDAY BUT DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT DOES THAT MOD DO AND WHEN I'LL FIND THE LOGS THOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ IT

save it

tell me how many mod's are found to be in conflict with that patch. This will Identify all conflicting records regardless of Viability's. that 's the tool you use to find the issues.

ok i did the first 2 steps I'll do that merge and see but won't that affect the game if I merged 153 mod together ?

save it

ok i did the first 2 steps I'll do that merge and see but won't that affect the game if I merged 153 mod together ?

you're not merging all the mods together in this process, you're picking up conflicting records from them.

yes it will interfere with the game.

this is only a tool you asked for. in the header of the merged patch you will see the names of all the mods that are in conflict. with the exception of the main game files, you disable all others on the left side of the Mod Organizer 2 program so the data they Entail will not be loading.

you then repeat this process all over again until that merged patch comes up Empty. At that point you're ready to test the saved game file and allow a dirty purge to take place...Load it any way and hard save it. then play the game with that file and see if the crashing has stopped. AT NO time do you run the game with that merged patch...the sole purpose is to Identify the problems.

that's what you asked for...is it not?