no any of cheat engine mods or hotkey mods work. do I need f4se?

ckhong87

what I tried are mods for villageing, like place in red and precise object move and rotate. They are not mentioning F4SE as a requirement. I usually use geforce experience but I tried fallout4.exe, too. all of them don't work. And so was object limit remover which needs cheat engine. Are they actually work? did I miss something? I'm already using other mods that they have esp files. Edited by ckhong87

What do you mean, "cheat engine"? Are you referring to the Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)?

If you are, then you can't start the game by the Fallout 4 exe. It needs to be started via F4SE for the mods to work. The easiest way to do this, and this is how I launch the game, is by the option in Nexus Mod Manager.

Never mind, I looked up Place in Red and indeed it needs a program called Cheat Engine.

Edited by Stargazer09

Are you an enemy of your own computer by any chance? Cheat engine? Seriously?

Â

That s*** is riddled with adware. And that's probably only scratching the surface.

but I saw some mods require it

Far as I know only old ones. And always read the small print in the description. I refrained from trying out a certain mod when I read that s#*! was required. The damage it does isn't worth the trouble.