Will the Summerset Isles be the next, most logical place for TESVI?

SpellAndShield

Depends where they take the Thalmor bussiness, and if they want to leap 200 more years into the future.

But I could see the Summerset Isles to be the next game. I would rather love to: I am a fan of the High Elves :)

I also get the feeling the place is very ... eh ... flashy? Lots of magic and unnatural things going on. Lots of elven arcitecture and gear.

It couls also be a place to host some new political issues and all that kind of stuff.

Though any place will work for me, EXEPT the place where the khajit come from. Damn... furries .... >.<

Summerset Isle presents massive difficulties insofar as creating a situation in which it can become multicultural. Everywhere else in Tamriel is infested with every kind of race as a result of the Empire not being an institution bent upon genetic supremacy that expels outsiders as corpses. The provinces we visit in Tamriel have a dominant race, but it is in no way unusual for there to be representatives of any race there. It might have been possible....before the Great War. The Thalmor would certainly have slaughtered everyone on the Summerset Isles who arrived there during the Third Era, thanks to Numidium handing them their arses and forcing them to accept the power of the Empire.

A game set in Summerset Isle should really only come at least another few centuries from Skyrim if the Aldmeri Dominion get defeated so heavily the whole place ends up occupied, with loads of people from Tamriel flocking there for adventure/new life/banditry/whatever.

Set a game in Summerset Isle now and it'll consist of High Elves....and you.

Edited by Khorak

I always imagined having Valenwood as the next Elder Scrolls game. It would train Bethesda in Textures, Flora, and Fauna. Also, how cool would it be to have this massive-underground Dwemer land under Valenwood. Having every dungeon not be seperate, but being part of this massive underground world. That's just some far-fetched idea's I would have.

It would train Bethesda in Textures, Flora, and Fauna

Eh, no game company thinks about "training" when making a game. They make what fits the story the best, and get the most sales rolling in. As of now the story is quite open: Since I bet the new game will be the aftermatch of the Thalmor. Perhaps a hundred years into the future after the Thalmor invaded? Where the invasion would be an expansion to Skyrim. Then they could open up posibility for new games. As we know: The Elder Scrolls foretold a lot before Alduin would hit, stuff that happened in the other games. Where one was the Oblivion crisis. There is a connection to it.

Though I see it as a possibility.

I'd rather go Elsweyr... :tongue:

Acutally, if they could combine Elsweyr and Valenwood, you would have a piece of land roughly the same size as Skyrim but with a lot more varied environments.

Seconded, but only because I live in a desert and really want to explore those "ancient cities swallowed up by the sand." Well, that and the Khajiit are cool cats... who live in a hot desert. :whistling:

I've been thinking about this question too. i think the next one will be hammerfell, the reintegration of the province back into the empire sort of thing. and the one after that would logically be elesweyr and after that would come the show down with the thalmor./aldmeri dominion. One of my reasons for thinking this way is i remember from somewhere that bethesda said that they will be making a fixed number of elder scrolls games and, i may be wrong, but i remember the number eight being mentioned. Also the first 4 games were relatively close together, At least they were all set during the reign of one emperor. Then they jump forward 200 years to a new era where the obvious theme is the reconstruction/recreation of the empire depending on your point of view. The first 4 games were about the preservation of the empire IMO. I may be totally of base here but this makes sense to me. just my 2 cents:)