I finally found the best fps fix solution!

costerphil

Hello guys, first iam not a native english speaker so sry if my english is a bit broken.

I heard lots of people having fps issues including me.

Skyrim dx9 and also Fallout 4's fps are bound to the physics/engine, means with over 60 fps you will have lots of bugs and weird things going on.

Well i think thats not the case anymore in SE, only if you go higher than about 110 fps, it took me hours to figure that out.

1. activate vsync via nvidia controllcenter or the tool for amd users. (for some reason it seems like it doesn't lock the fps to 60 but it will fix screen tearing, i have a 60hz monitor)

2. lock your fps at a maximum of 110 fps. (iam doing it with ENB, don't know if it works in another way)

3. edit the following lines in your ini files: (found it at: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4988160-fix-to-anyone-who-experiences-low-framerates-fps-drops-in-skyrim-se/ )

4. start your game and enjoy :smile:
SkyrimPrefs.ini
[Display]
iPresentInterval=0
SkyrimPrefs.ini
[Display]
iVSyncPresentInterval=0
Edited by costerphil

the fix is already in use from this post and was on Reddit aswell

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4988160-fix-to-anyone-who-experiences-low-framerates-fps-drops-in-skyrim-se/

then since last patch, i have 90 fps+ outside and 100+ inside, it's getting better, still a loss but it's stable at least

@@

Edited by korun

yes i also found that there forgot the add the link sry. but this ini edit is just 1 part of it.

the rest you need to do is this fps lock thing.

because the weird thing is, if the fps lock is for example at 80 and you go to an area where it drops down to lets say 55, then you will have less minimum fps instead of locking them at 100.

means higher fps lock = higher minimum fps

for example: fps lock at 80fps min 55fps, fps lock at 100 fps min 60fps+

i tested this for example at the bride in riverwood if you stand in the middle and look in the direction where riverwood is.

Edited by costerphil

Hello guys, first iam not a native english speaker so sry if my english is a bit broken.

I heard lots of people having fps issues including me.

Skyrim dx9 and also Fallout 4's fps are bound to the physics/engine, means with over 60 fps you will have lots of bugs and weird things going on.

Well i think thats not the case anymore in SE, only if you go higher than about 110 fps, it took me hours to figure that out.

1. activate vsync via nvidia controllcenter or the tool for amd users. (for some reason it seems like it doesn't lock the fps to 60 but it will fix screen tearing, i have a 60hz monitor)

2. lock your fps at a maximum of 110 fps. (iam doing it with ENB, don't know if it works in another way)

3. edit the following lines in your ini files: (found it at: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4988160-fix-to-anyone-who-experiences-low-framerates-fps-drops-in-skyrim-se/ )

4. start your game and enjoy :smile:
SkyrimPrefs.ini
[Display]
iPresentInterval=0
SkyrimPrefs.ini
[Display]
iVSyncPresentInterval=0

THIS SOLUTION WILL NOT WORK.....YOU WILL STILL HAVE 60 FPS LOCK.....IF YOU WILL LIKE TO PLAY OVER 60 FPS WITH NO CRAZY BUGS AND PHYSIC ....YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE....IT TOOK ME 2 HOURS TO FIND IT.....THIS IS THE VIDEO:

Skyrim Special Edition: Possible Physics Fix for High FPS Monitors

MAKE SURE IF YOU HAVE AN ENB MOD TO CHANGE IN THE ENBLOCAL THE FRAME RATE TO 144 FPS AND TUNR OFF THE VSYNC

WELL I JUST SAW ALL YOUR POST ABOUT THAT ISSUE OF LOW FPS....SO FAR ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE PERFECT.....I DID IT ALSO.... BUT IS A BIG BUT ALL OF YOU ARE MISSING SOMETHING IN THE

Skyrim.ini file

YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD AT THE BOTTOM THIS LINE TO AVOID SOME CRAZY PHYSIC GLITCH ETC.....AND THIS NEW LINE WAS CREATED BY A GUY FROM THE GAMING INDUSTRY.....

[HAVOC]

fmaxTime=0.0069 is for 144fps

you can find this tutorial about it on youtube.....you will find the link and you can choose the line you will like to have....it will depend on your GPU.....any of you who have a GTX1080 can put that line I show you....

• 4 weeks later...

i have a GTX 960M 4GB 16GB Ram and a Core i7-6700HQ and i have Vsync forced and FPS cap set just under 60fps and im having screen tearing issues what can i do

Are you using Adaptive VSync? If you're there's nothing you can do unless you decide to lower the games settings. If you're not then VSync is not active.

yes i also found that there forgot the add the link sry. but this ini edit is just 1 part of it.

the rest you need to do is this fps lock thing.

because the weird thing is, if the fps lock is for example at 80 and you go to an area where it drops down to lets say 55, then you will have less minimum fps instead of locking them at 100.

means higher fps lock = higher minimum fps

for example: fps lock at 80fps min 55fps, fps lock at 100 fps min 60fps+

i tested this for example at the bride in riverwood if you stand in the middle and look in the direction where riverwood is.

No, if you have a 80fps lock and you drop to 55fps, with a 100fps lock you will still drop to 55fps because your GPU/CPU are running at 100%...

i have a GTX 960M 4GB 16GB Ram and a Core i7-6700HQ and i have Vsync forced and FPS cap set just under 60fps and im having screen tearing issues what can i do

Are you using Adaptive VSync? If you're there's nothing you can do unless you decide to lower the games settings. If you're not then VSync is not active.

i looked in NVIDIA Inspector and saw nothing that said Adaptive VSYNC? so im guessing im not and my VSYNC is forced on

**Edit** i looked again and found it but it was set to standard... i knocked my fps lock all the way down to 30 fps and im still tearing the s#*! out of my game....

i looked in NVIDIA Inspector and saw nothing that said Adaptive VSYNC? so im guessing im not and my VSYNC is forced on

**Edit** i looked again and found it but it was set to standard... i knocked my fps lock all the way down to 30 fps and im still tearing the s*** out of my game....

That means the games VSync is still on. Here's what you should do, first make sure to disable the VSync on SkyrimPrefs.ini and the framerate lock on Skyrim.ini (the framerate lock is only on the 1.3 beta update). Turn off Nvidias VSync after you've done that and enter the game, once you loaded the main menu see if your FPS are in the 1000s, if they are that's good, it means the VSync is off.

Only then, turn Nvidias VSync on (adaptive vsync will get you screen tearing if you drop below 60fps, standard will make you stutter if you drop below 60, your call, i personally prefer Adaptive).

Edited by gran172